Job title: Actuarial Consulting Analyst Senior (GI)
Job description: Position Type : Full time
Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Travel Percentage : 25 – 50%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Currently we are looking for an experienced Actuarial Consulting Analyst focusing on General Insurance (GI) for our office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
What you will be doing:
- The main role will be to support the Middle East services team in all the following aspects of the role:
- Join the team of SMEs assisting in the implementation of the actuarial code provided with the Prophet Liability and Asset Liability Strategy (ALS) libraries
- Perform model reviews and deliver optimisation reports based on customer models
- Design, structure and develop code during customer projects as required which inclusive of GI Reserving, GI Capital Modelling, IFRS 17
- Assist in the presales support of Prophet GI where required
- Provide customer Prophet training to customers with a focus on all levels of courses (e.g. Introduction to Prophet, Advanced Coding in Prophet, Introduction to Prophet ALS)
- Local onsite customer assistance may be required for short periods
- Prototyping Solvency II / IFRS models in Prophet
What you bring:
- The ideal candidate would have capital modelling, pricing and reserving hands-on experience and building the models before.
- A strong interest in actuarial software and systems, but they should also possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- A qualified Actuary (or equivalent experience), with a specialism in General Insurance
- Good to have knowledge of the Prophet system or demonstrable equivalent experience, and involvement in key business projects using Prophet. Good working knowledge of the various Prophet components (not mandatory)
- The successful candidate will have a background in general insurance or financial services, and a general knowledge of the financial services industry’s regulatory and reporting frameworks, e.g. IFRS17
- Arabic is highly desirable
- Strong verbal and written English language skills, and presentation skills are essential
- Willingness to travel around the region
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products
- Experience working on technology implementation projects, either in-house or in a vendor/consultancy environment
- Experience working on international projects
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the .
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Job date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 22:49:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!