Job title: Development and Project Engineer – Industrial & Commercial Solar – Dub
Job description: Job Description
The Development and Project Engineer will have the following responsibilities, in support to business development:
- In prospection phase, assess site technical constraints and consumption, and evaluate feasibility stage project configurations, characteristics and risks.
- In offer preparation phase, fully understand customer’s needs, perform technical due diligence of the site, and optimize the commercial offer through PV system performance, technical solution costs, robustness and quality. This may entail relying on external engineering resources.
- Prepare and follow-up local approvals and regulatory obligations.
- Support preparation of dossiers to be submitted to internal investment committees.
- Liaise with HQ technical services for technical specifications use and continuous improvement (dotted line functional link to the I&C Project Manager in HQ), and with remote engineering support when applicable.
- Select and on-board suppliers including EPCs and engineering consultants, in full respect of HSE, Quality and compliance guidelines and specifications. Engage in commercial negotiations and maintain relationships, to ensure equipment and contractors are optimally and sustainably procured.
- Manage projects construction with focus on safety, quality, budget and planning.
- Supervise commissioning and testing of the plant, then manage operation and maintenance, in line with set contractual objectives.
The position will be based in Dubai and the scope of activities will extend to United Arab Emirates and neighboring countries.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
- Up to 3 years of project management experience on rooftop solar projects.
- Graduate from a premier university with a degree in engineering. Graduate degree and/or related professional qualifications considered a plus.
- Experience with maintaining minimum functional specification, commissioning checklists, and standard operating practices for rooftop solar projects.
- Working experience of the UAE context in electrical norms, renewable energy regulations, construction codes, is appreciated.
- Knowledge of project management, engineering and solar specific software such MS Project, AutoCAD, PVSyst, Meteonorm, SolarGIS, Helioscope, Sketchup, etc.
Project Management, Support/ Project Management
Gas Renewables And Power
Region, department, area
Experience level required
Minimum 3 years
TOTAL SOLAR ME – DUBAI BRANCH
Job date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 06:31:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!