Job title: HADEF Program ( Engineering )
Company: Higher Colleges of Technology
Job description: Emirati Nationals shall be recruited, trained and prepared for the role of teaching at HCT. National candidates who enter HCT via the HADEF programme shall be required to complete a programme that will equip them with the knowledge, skills and competencies required to become a more effective member of HCT.
In line with HCT 4.0 objective to attract, develop and retain high quality academic staff, the incumbent shall contribute through successful completion of educational and professional development program.
Teach 9 credit hours (for Master/PhD holders) each semester in the relevant discipline area (Faculty) based on the Trainee’s qualification.
Shadow 9 credit hours (for Bachelor holders) each semester in the relevant discipline area (Faculty) based on the Trainee’s qualification.
Undertake professional development, Teaching Skills Enhancement Certificate (TSEP) & Higher Education Academy (HEA Fellowship Award), in teaching and learning in Higher Education, irrespective of their undergraduate/ graduate degree.
Undertake other mandated professional development events/ conferences and/ or Professional Development weeks including, but are not limited to:
- teaching and learning skills (e.g., pedagogical knowledge and classroom management)
- educational technology knowledge and skills
- innovation skills
- interpersonal skills
- administrative skills
Perform academic administrative duties such as preparation for exams, exam invigilation, supervise field trips, etc.
Perform other related duties as assigned by the Program Chair in the assigned division.
All HADEF candidates are required to have the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in the field of Engineering Technology & Science (ETS), Business, Computer & Information Science (CIS), Applied Media (AM), or Health Sciences (HS)
- GPA of 3.0 and above in their terminal degree
- Minimum score of academic IELTS band 6.0
- Minimum of 3 years of industry/industrial experience
- Any additional requirements that might be required by the concerned Faculty
- HADEF candidates categories:
- Lecturer: the minimum qualifications for assuming the full time responsibility of a Lecturer position is a Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- Teaching Assistant: the minimum qualifications for assuming the Teaching Assistant position is a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
The Higher Colleges of Technology is committed to the recruitment and development of UAE Nationals. We encourage applications from Emirati candidates who can contribute to the HCT’s mission.
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 22:56:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!