Job title: Senior Structural Engineer
Job description: Our Built Environment practice has a global footprint with more than 5,000 professionals contributing to +$1.5B in revenue. Our Architectural, Interior and Building System solutions supports all aspects of specialty consulting to include asset management, economics, business development and scientific advancement for our government, commercial, institutional, and industrial clients, across diverse markets and services.
With recent large project awards in the Middle East, the buildings team continue to expand and seek Structural Engineers with Middle East experience in delivering design and build projects. There is potential relocation to our office in Riyadh in line with our Project delivery schedules.
As a Structural Engineer you will be expected to:-
- Prepare engineering designs from conceptual design, through tender to construction
- Monitor and take professional responsibility for design completed by other team members
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures are followed during project planning and production
- Proactively collaborate with other members of the team to deliver innovative and sustainable best value solutions that meet the Client’s requirements whilst maintaining excellent relationships with Clients and co-workers
- Assist the Practice lead and Project Managers in developing project budgets and timelines
- Contribute to design projects across offices and internationally where required
- Manage BIM technicians and mentoring graduate engineers
- Work as part of a team, liaising directly with Clients, Architects, and other design team members with the ability to represent Jacobs at external meetings
- Support Construction Administration personnel including field reviews and co-ordination, review and issuance of change notices, clarifications and RFI responses on an occasional or as required basis
You will have a bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and will be experienced in the design and specification of building structures in steel, concrete and masonry to American and British Standards. You will have demonstrable experience of delivering projects from concept through completion in a multi-disciplinary and/or multi-office project execution environment.
You will be an experienced user of structural engineering software including CSi ETABS, SAFE, SAP2000, Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis, STAAD, Prokon in addition to in-house spreadsheets.
You will have a solid background knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software, with ability to carry out coordination through Revit.
You will have the ability to undertake structural inspections and report on material and construction defects and provide guidance for remedial repairs.
You will be a Chartered Engineer with IStructE (or working towards it).
Additionally, we seek individuals who can demonstrate the following behaviours: –
- A can do, hands on approach, able to work well under pressure and prioritize workload to meet project needs
- Willing and quick to adapt to project/team needs and learn from experience
- Flexible and collaborative approach to multidisciplinary design, willing to engage across the design disciplines
- Organized and methodical but open-minded approach to the design process
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Job date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 23:17:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!