Job title: Senior Technical Safety Engineer
Company: Wood Group
Job description: Job Summary
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Safety Engineer to join our team in Dubai, UAE.
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Supporting and supervising task delegation to team.
- Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Participating in project HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and other safety workshops when required.
- Providing sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- Providing technical support to site as required.
- Producing and reviewing specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; ensuring that they conform to engineering quality, competence, and project management systems.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Attend client meetings and communicate issues with lead engineer as required.
- Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
- Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Technical Safety engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as they relate to FEED, Detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, and plant Start-up.
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards.
- Experience of design deliverables associated with loss prevention scopes.
- Experience of coordinating HAZOP, HAZID, SIL Classification studies.
- Experience of directing Management of Change (MOC) reviews.
- Able to perform Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling as required.
- Able to interrogate & review Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA) as required.
- Deputising for lead engineer where required.
- Executing assigned personal objectives.
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of engineering delivery.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Must be willing to make occasional visits to Iraq.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience.
- Chartered Engineer or recognized equivalent experience.
- Experience of Concept / FEED project phases.
- Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at a relevant level and position.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum of 6 years proven capability in an EPC company.
- Previous experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Competent in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
- Competent in own discipline to provide support to the business.
- Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline.
- Demonstrate continual professional development.
Job date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 01:15:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!