Job title: Senior Manager Supply Chain
Job description: Job Overview:
Supervises Procurement and Expediting Staff. Liase with Global Procurement Office; Saudi / Qatar & PMT, Jebel Ali Fab, Marine and other Functions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage all project based procurement functions and assigned personnel including purchasing and expediting.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the objectives of procurement personnel engaged in the procurement of material and equipment.
- Consults on purchasing services for various projects.
- Manages the sourcing of potential suppliers for defined scopes of work, and work with appropriate members of the project team to prequalify suppliers and establish commitment to provide proposals for such work.
- Manage, coordinate and monitor the expediting services and develop the resourcing plan in anticipation of projected workload within allocated budgets.
- Direct and control the selection, performance, training and development of all Expediting personnel.
- Highlight all discrepancies in Expediting process, identify related risks and propose actions and resources plan to meet the operational need of the projects.
- Manage procurement standards and methodology.
- Direct and coordinate all expediting activities from release of purchase orders to final payment of vendors invoices. Manage payment of vendors invoices to ensure their continuity
- Direct processes and procedures of terms and conditions for purchase of equipment and materials.
- Approve purchase orders including change management and close-out activities.
- Facilitate evaluation of supplier performance, develop procurement estimates and proposals, and develop supplier relations and establish new suppliers.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for procurement personnel assigned to assist with procurement activities including recruitment, development, training and retention of staff.
- Liaise with Project Expediting Managers, Project Managers, and other departmental managers to resolve any technical or administrative challenges and improve the performance of the expediting department.
- All other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Construction, Law or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 10 to12 years of direct purchasing experience in core industries (Energy, Process or Heavy Industrial).
- Proven management experience to include training, leading and developing of assigned employees.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical and problem solving skills and proven negotiation skills.
- Expert technical knowledge of suppliers products and capabilities.
- Proven ability of devising and leading implementation of new approaches to problems encountered.
- Understanding of commercial terms and conditions.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Job date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 02:58:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!