Job title: Supervisor, Painting & Insulation
Job description: Description
Supervisor, Painting & Insulation
Supervise, inspect and certify the Painting and Insulation support services in the plant to ensure quality and meeting Company HSE standards.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
- Prepare technical specifications, drawings and scope of work for painting and insulation works to schedule work assignments.
- Supervise and perform painting and insulation activities in the Plant, allocate tasks based on work orders, and inspect completed wok to ensure quality.
- Check and carryout quality test for painting, insulation, surface preparation materials for acceptance as per required standards and specifications.
- Prepare inspection reports and recommend required repair and maintenance. Investigate and report problems related to painting and thermal insulation in the plant to take appropriate measures.
- Ensure that all materials are provided meeting technical and safety standards.
- Supervise and ensure the inspection of insulation material and consumables to meet Company Procedure and specifications.
- Participate and conduct daily / weekly safety toolbox talks to discuss on safety and methods of completing job tasks.
- Inspect / follow up tasks progress, maintain endorsed / approved final records of inspection and provide report to ensure timely and quality job execution.
- Maintain blasting, painting and insulation material inventory register and update on daily basis to tally the stock to meet required standards, specifications and continuous availability.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 3)
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Department / Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best Industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
- Provide inputs to prepare MIS and progress reports for Company Management
Generic Accountabilities (continue)
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with line Manager/ peers and other employees within the company/Group as required
External Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with external parties including consultants, third party service providers, and government agencies as required
Diploma in Civil / Mechanical Engineering
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
5 years of experience, in painting and insulation maintenance projects within a large industrial organization, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
A/C environment, could be exposed to the prevailing weather conditions like heat, humidity & dust during occasional site visits
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 01:10:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!