Job title: Kitchen & Laundry Technician – Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
Job description: The job of Laundry & Kitchen Technician is for the purpose/s of maintaining all Laundry & Kitchen systems and all other Laundry & Kitchen equipments; identifying repair/replacement needs necessary to maintain equipment and systems; providing appropriate documentation required and for conforming to regulations; providing necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment; and ensuring adequate materials are available to complete assignments in a timely manner
What will I be doing?
The job of Laundry & Kitchen Technician is for the purpose/s of maintaining all Laundry & Kitchen systems and all other Laundry & Kitchen equipments; identifying repair/replacement needs necessary to maintain equipment and systems; providing appropriate documentation required and for conforming to regulations; providing necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment; and ensuring adequate materials are available to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Maintenance of all kinds of laundry and kitchen equipment and ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Perform general repair and maintenance duties in regard to laundry plumbing, electrical systems and kitchen equipment.
- Do elementary painting and finishing of furniture and structure
- Check electrical systems such as refrigeration controls, television sets and lighting systems and make minor repairs
- Check and make minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks
- Perform basic maintenance and repair of laundry& kitchen equipment using manuals and their past history
- Re-issue and exchange worn-out clothing
- Maintain security measures by counting and making rounds through the laundry & kitchen on a periodic basis
- Ensure that the building, as well as the outside area designated for laundry, is kept clean and secure .
- Diagnoses problems and/or failures in refrigeration/kitchen equipment and take corrective action as required.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Learn and understand fire and safety procedure.
- Ensure all safety practice, rules and regulations are adhered at all to time.
- When working in guest areas particular attention must be paid to noise and smell that may disturb the guest, cleanliness of uniform, grooming and always behave as diligent, honest and polite employee.
- Assist other technicians to perform job as directed by the superior and maintain hotels properties meet standard of operation.
- Attend meetings and training as directed by superior.
- Follows all other instruction / rules and regulation that may be issued.
- Handling of shifts.
- Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment’s, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Installs refrigeration equipment and other systems for the purpose of providing necessary assistance to other departments.
- Perform administrative duties, which includes:
- Coordinates with other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Estimates materials and/or equipment needed to complete work projects for the purpose of ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Records reports (e.g. work orders, estimates, repair logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting information for other personnel.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Trains assigned personnel for the purpose of developing professional trade and safety awareness skills.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance of all kitchen & Laundry related equipment’s and keep a record of the same.
- Operating within a defined budget.
- Update history cards before 2nd of every month.
- Up keep all the engineering area neat and tidy.
- Keep in store all the kitchen & laundry essential items
What are we looking for?
A Laundry & Kitchen Technician serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Technical background with sound experiences in the use of industrial machinery
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Self motivated with a hands-on and flexible approach and be able to adapt to unpredictable events
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on their own
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Location: Ras al-Khaimah
Job date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 03:29:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!