Job title: Network Planning Controller (UAE)
Company: Air Arabia
Job description: The purpose of this role is to coordinate airport slots, develop and regularly review Flight schedules for Air Arabia, and facilitate charter flights and requests with a key objective of optimum aircraft usage on profitable routes. He/she contributes to the long-term/short-term flight planning ensuring effectiveness in productivity in line with the set measures and company’s adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
– Acts as the main contact for IATA and Airport Authorities relating to coordination of slots, Civil Aviation regulations, IATA calendar, IATA policies and procedures as well as conferences.
– Communicates with Airports Authorities and Civil Aviation to obtain traffic rights and approvals on slots for Air Arabia. Negotiates changes and schedules with airports based on business need, commercial requirements and availability.
– Designs/ modifies short-term flight schedules based on available and future delivery of aircrafts; loads schedules for sales on both planning and reservation systems ensuring optimum aircraft utilization (minimum average 14 block hours) per aircraft per day.
– Checks and verifies schedules to identify any inconsistency, mistakes or discrepancies in schedules prior to validation. Refers to input from different sources such as Operations, Country Mangers, Cabin Services, Revenue Management, etc.
– Obtains timely approvals from Airports and Civil Aviation Authorities on all scheduled and extra flights as per adopted procedures. Manages schedule changes resulting from different causes such as operational requirements, commercial reasons, airport slots approvals, or weather conditions, etc.
– Partners with Revenue Management on any cancellations, combining or addition of flights to ensure optimum utilization and profit; executes re-scheduling of flights and connecting flights, loads to system and communicates accordingly.
– Handles all communication related to scheduling and changes in certain emergencies or last minute updates. Co-ordinates and assists dispatch to manage flight schedule disruptions caused due to AOG or other unforeseen circumstances.
– Prepares charter agreements and quotations, plans, loads and executes schedules to accommodate charter and irregular flights based on agreed plan, availability and airport approvals. Follows up on operations to ensure successful delivery.
– Works closely with Engineering Planning / maintenance teams to finalize scheduling of aircrafts for maintenance ensuring smooth checks with minimal disruption.
– Co- manages the maintenance schedules of the different types such as the A (1-10 days/regular check) and C (above 750 hours/major check), depending on flights schedules, and aircraft availability.
– Manages the short-term fleet planning and distribution of aircrafts among the assigned hubs based on approved plan, agreements with civil aviation authorities, and airports’ approval in the corresponding hub/destination. Partners with Country Managers, Legal and Commercial Departments to execute the plans effectively ensuring maximum utilization of aircrafts.
– Maintains an accurate and up-to-date database and documents control of all function-related contacts, agreements, schedules, documents, certificates, etc.
– Establishes/ maintains communication with all free-schedule publishing mediums to ensure Air Arabia’s schedules are widely distributed and updated on regular basis. Coordinates with support teams, mainly Information Technology and ISA, on systems-related matters such as testing, integration, update, etc.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
– Bachelor degree in Engineering (Industrial, Planning, Computer), Business Management, Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
– IATA Certified in (Airport Slots and Scheduling) is a must.
– Capable of using technology systems and tools; proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel Skills), Internet and Web Search.
– Fluent in English, Arabic is desirable.
– 4-5 years of related working experience in the aviation industry with at least 2 years on supervisory or mid-senior level in network fleet and schedule planning; experience with low cost airline is a plus.
– Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying risks and pitfalls and recommending solutions.
– Capable of using logical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
– Capable of utilizing data to generate reports of different nature and purposes.
– Strong numerical ability and highly accurate
– Very Good Project Management Skills, capable of prioritizing responsibilities and acting in critical situations.
– Cost-oriented, possesses effective persuasive, negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills.
– Employs a balance of technical expertise, and interpersonal relations to support company’s objectives.
– Experienced in managing relationships at both senior/subordinate levels.
– Product knowledge: capability of understanding market trends and channeling them leading to effective customer care solutions.
– Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa’s first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia’s fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 08:37:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!