Job title: Operations Director
Company: Nawah Energy Company
Job description: Job Description
Ensure safe operation of nuclear reactor(s), turbine generator units and auxiliary equipment and related computer controls, and interface with transmission facilities. Ensure scheduling and performance of required, routine tests of the reactor safeguard equipment and radiation protection systems. Verify the creation and maintenance of Operations procedures.
Plant Operations (Plant)
- Establish management expectations including safety culture and provide plant personnel periodic communication on the same in order to ensure that expectations are aligned throughout the department.
- Conduct periodic visits to the plant facilities to check plant condition and ensure adherence to all quality and Health and Safety (HNS) standards.
- Recommend plant strategies, plans, and management process improvements to support achieving plant performance targets, and long term plant reliability.
- Implement the necessary nuclear power plant management systems to establish and maintain continuity in all plant activities.
- Ensure that Operations communicates its work control activities and outages clearly and conducts them in a manner that eliminates confusion to ensure safe, continuous operation of the plant.
- Oversee and verify Chemistry activities are completed in a manner which is compliant with regulatory requirements, operating policies and principles, nuclear standards for nuclear safety, industrial safety, and environmental protection, to ensure safe, reliable and continuously improving plant operations.
- Develop operations strategies and ensure alignment of all activities with the maintenance and engineering strategy to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Ensure that actual performance is monitored against established performance criteria through various means such as self-assessment programs, performance monitoring programs, and direct personal observation in order to maintain optimal efficiency in delivering energy.
- Direct staff to conduct problem solving and analysis when unacceptable performance deviations occur, and to initiate and track corrective actions to resolution.
- Endorse the commencement of commissioning and the placing in service of permanent plant modifications in line with the plant performance monitoring to ensure continued safe, reliable operations.
- Verify that long-term/repetitive problems are being resolved in order to avoid future operational discontinuity.
- Endorse plant operating, maintenance, testing, and other procedures in accordance with license requirements to ensure regulatory and operational compliance.
- Manage the regular day-to-day contact with Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) to ensure adherence to regulatory standards and guidelines.
Operations Support (Central)
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for revision of Operations Procedures to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and industry leading practices.
- Verify Operations department programs, processes and related procedures align with procedural requirements and industry leading practices and that they are performed in a timely manner to achieve the highest level of safety and reliability.
- Monitor the provision of input to the development of Operating License documents to align with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Ensure effective support of Operations preparation for World Association for Nuclear Operators (WANO) and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) pre-start up peer reviews to ensure smooth and efficient reviews.
- Oversee department support to Operational Support Services Agreement (OSSA) for Operations including mid- and long-term OSSA Plans to ensure contingency operations preparedness.
- Monitor Operations’ support for Plant Information (PI) System to enhance safety and efficiency of plant operations.
Operations Technical Support (Central)
- Monitor provision of technical expertise, as requested by Operations staff, to ensure effectiveness of support provided.
- Monitor the provision of other technical and administrative duties as designated by management to support plant operations.
- Oversee assessments performed to assist in the continuous improvement of department performance.
- Monitor the NPI activities to ensure that they are meeting the divisions’ objectives and are providing the expected value.
- Review Operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), associated investigations and the proposed path to improvement to ensure that analysis results are being utilized effectively.
- Oversee and support the Corrective Action Program (CAP) to ensure full support across Operations.
Staff Training and Qualification
- Critically evaluate BNPP training programs to ensure they provide the necessary skills to ensure operations personnel are capable of safely, reliably, and efficiently performing activities in accordance with regulations and approved guidelines and procedures.
- Establish performance standards, goals, and objectives for training and communicate these expectations with department personnel and the training department to foster a culture of safety and operational excellence.
- Liaise with the training department to establish and maintain course content and emphasis, to determine and support training schedules, to accomplish on-the-job training and evaluation, to observe training activities, and to provide feedback to adjust course content and emphasis as necessary.
- Establish qualification standards and evaluation methods to verify operational personnel are competent to perform assigned functions.
Outage and Emergency Response Organization (ERO) Support
- Support outage and/or the ERO, as assigned, to ensure safe, reliable and continued operations; this may require shift work/off hours support.
Corporate Strategy and Operational Planning
- Develop and execute the Division’s annual Business Plan to ensure alignment with the Business Unit’s strategic and financial priorities, and the corporate goals.
- Recommend an optimum organization structure, manpower plan and budget for the Division and monitor them on a regular basis to ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources.
- Contribute ideas which support an efficient and effective structure and resource allocation for the Division, to ensure smooth workflow of operational processes and optimal utilization of resources.
- Provide input into the development of the Business Unit’s policies and develop the Division’s systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement to ensure efficient, effective, safe and risk-free operations as well as compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor, control and report Operational and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the Division, to track performance and recommend corrective or mitigating actions.
- Ensure that all relative reports are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the Division’s requirements, policies and standards.
Health and Safety and Security
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Division/Department/Section by the delivery of the Health and Safety Management Program to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
- Manage the effective achievement of the Organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, and providing formal and informal constructive feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback, and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Science.
- 12 years of relevant experience, out of which:
- 4 years of Nuclear Power Plant Experience in a supervisory or management role, including:
i. Nuclear power operations.
ii. Refueling outage (or initial fuel load)
iii. Startup Testing
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Science
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 02:26:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!