Job title: ASSOCIATE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
Job description: Job Description:
Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
Parsons requires a very capable, self-motivated, and experienced Landscape Architect to join the landscape design team at the Design and Planning Studio in Dubai. The successful candidate must be talented and intuitive conceptual designer, with excellent technical skills and know-how to supervise the development of all phases of design including construction documentation packages.
The Associate Landscape Architect determines aesthetic design and practical technical solutions for the planning of external spaces including hardscapes, softscapes, streetscapes etc. Project types may include urban space planning, commercial buildings and spaces, residential projects, industrial sites, public open spaces and parks, resorts, hotels and leisure facilities etc.
The Associate Landscape Architect is proficient in providing complex technical solutions and preparing full design packages from Concept Design, through Design Development, Final Design to Tender and Construction Contract Documentation in coordination with landscape team members and internal and external allied technical disciplines. Experience and/or willingness and adaptability to transition to a BIM-based design process and delivery paradigm is needed.
The Associate Landscape Architect provides oversight to realize execution excellence in the delivery of all phases of landscape architecture projects under his/her direction and in the landscape group generally. He/she shall be responsible for the technical excellence of the tasks performed, regulatory compliance, and for on-schedule completion of landscape projects within or below budget in accordance with contractual obligations and in collaboration with the project management team.
- Lead and direct the efficient, professional analysis, synthesis, and recommendation of conceptual design alternatives to establish, communicate and sell the design vision for landscape architectural design projects.
- Lead the design and presentation of high-quality landscape concept drawings and reports.
- Supervise the preparation of technical design packages through to tender.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Discipline Leads, internal and external team members including master planners, architects, urban designers, specialist designers, all engineering disciplines and quantity surveyors.
- Plan, program and delegate within the team structure and participate in workflow reporting.
- Participate in writing technical proposals, estimating levels of effort, work plans, and schedules.
- Maintain affiliations with professional societies to keep abreast of development of trends and technologies.
- Work with the studio management team for the daily running and also the development of the studio.
- Work collaboratively with the master planning team to develop landscape strategies at master planning level.
- Provide design leadership and mentoring to the landscape studio staff.
- Coordinate with internal disciplines and manage the activities of sub-consultants for the delivery of projects.
- Assist the business development team in the preparation of technical and financial proposals.
- Perform other related tasks as required
- Demonstrate a team oriented and collaborative approach to landscape architecture within the design team.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of the regional construction industry, local construction methods and their influence on design decisions.
- Demonstrate a solid commitment to quality design.
- Demonstrate solid communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess self-motivation, work part of the team but also have the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key design related computer programs such as BIM, Adobe suites and 3D modeling software such as Sketch Up and Rhino.
Job date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 08:09:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!