Job title: Value Stream Director I (9E Technology) Remote, United Arab Emirates
Job description: Description
The Value Stream Director I will lead, develop, and manage 7E & 9E Outage Planning, Execution and Close Out for a Value Stream with global application, partnering with Lean for Field Services and Value Stream Project teams to deploy regionally. The value stream ownership includes detailed outage planning, mobilization, execution, closeout and continuous improvement. Partners with stakeholders across the enterprise including P&L Engineering, Methods, Tooling, FieldCore, Resources, FieldCore Regional Operations, and various Lean roles to first operate to standard and then make breakthrough improvements. Responsible for global standardization of processes, tools, and implementation into the regions; focusing on both tactical execution success and strategy related to development, utilization, and penetration to reduce overall outage variation, cost, and cycle time.
Job Location: The role is open to any applicant based in Middle East Africa region.
- Develop and continuous improvement of outage standards for 7E & 9E to the appropriate level of detail to achieve consistent SQDC outcomes.
- Standards span all documents/systems and all phases of service planning and delivery.
- Drives updates to standards in all systems and documents such as schedules, methods, tooling BOMs, schedule and WBS, skills in ServiceMax and Kahuna, corresponding JCE.
- Creates and maintain current and future state value stream/process maps for specific technology-scope value stream, as well as more detailed mapping for specific activities along the value stream such as disassembly, rotor work, combustor work.
- Lead, develop, and manage Projects and Programs with global application, partnering with Regional Lean Project teams to deploy regionally, including material flow and supporting the transition of sites into a “Toyota Factory”
- Provide equipment-specific subject matter expertise to the organization and act as technology SME for event vision
- Own multiple global, cross-functional Kaizen projects focused on reducing cost and cycle time related to the specific technology responsible covered
- Uses value stream/process maps to develop a kaizen calendar and other improvement projects to reach future state and breakthrough results at component, process, and value stream level.
- Participate and co-lead Live Outage Content Development, Kaizens, Pilot’s, Go-Live and Sustainment
- Manage interface for the value stream of multiple functional teams including Engineering issues and improvements, Sourcing cost and strategy, Tooling BOMs and productivity, Manufacturing and field presentation as well as overall Services support.
- Responsible for critical Bowler metrics for 7E & 9E, covering in MOR’s and with Senior FieldCore and Gas Power Leadership; hard focus on, Safety (I&I), Quality (Escapes, VOC), Delivery (OTD) and Cost (outage cost productivity).
- Drives accountability to realize improvements from all supporting organizations – relentless follow up to ensure implementation and realized value stream improvement
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values
- Travel required
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field with minimum five years of Field Engineer or Project management experience; additional years of experience in power generation can be substituted for degree
- Former Field Engineering, Outage Management, Contractual Service Leader or Service Manager experience
- 11+ years progressive experience and demonstrated success/knowledge
- 6+ years managing and developing multi-discipline teams, preferably with international reach across multiple service types
- 5+ years of specialized/industry experience
- Strong experience in power generation and field services experience in Heavy Duty Gas and/or Steam Turbine maintenance
- English proficiency required
- Master’s degree preferred
- A deep understanding and experience with gas turbine outage execution and specifically the 7E & 9E gas turbines
- Experience with lean methodologies
- Experience with outage productivity tooling and developing cost remediation projects & programs
- Excellent communication and management skills and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of employees
- Expert in power generation outage maintenance
- Strong project planning and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Very results-oriented
- Work well both independently and in a team environment, including in remote work settings
- Ability to travel, including internationally, 30-40% of the time
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation sector. Our team includes more than 10,000 of the foremost experts in field services all focused on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. Our Core Values of Safety, Integrity, Quality and Inclusion are the foundation of everything we do to empower the people who power the world. For more information visit our website
FieldCore is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 03:00:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!