Job title: Design Manager
Job description: Job Description:
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization.
As one of the world’s leading engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services companies, GHD has a connected global network of 8500 professionals committed to delivering projects with innovative practices, technical capabilities and robust systems.
Our Middle East operation is currently in a strong growth phase due to the significance of some of our projects and as a result we are seeking a Design Manager to join the GHD team, based in our Abu Dhabi, UAE office.
The successful candidate will possess the following;
- Degree qualified with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in design management;
- Have demonstrable experience in data centre projects, with industrial sector experience a bonus;
- Have a technical background being degree qualified in architecture or engineering;
- Experience working for a Consultant, working as an office or site based Design Manager on design projects
- Capability in project controls (scheduling, forecasting, variation management etc)
- Capability in scheduling using Primavera P6 and ongoing monitoring and driving of projects with well ordered and logical sequence;
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary (Architecture, Structural, Infrastructure, MEP etc)
- Proven experience in management and coordination with the other multi-discipline project teams, clients, subcontractors and other suppliers;
- Fully conversant with the local codes and regulations;
- Strong eye for detail coupled with a methodical and organized approach;
- You will plan and coordinate the resources for each project including inputs from other offices, sub consultants and other suppliers, and manage all projects to deliver them on time, within the budget.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills will be well utilized and your ability to develop internal and external working relationships is essential.
This is a great opportunity for you to develop your career while being part of a well-established and growing organization.
GHD offer a professional and friendly culture based on our core values of Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. In addition to a competitive salary based on qualifications, skills and experience, we also provide attractive career and lifestyle options including professional development through the GHD Business School as well flexible leave options and family-friendly practices.
GHD warmly welcomes applications from all nationalities and support the nationalization programs in Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
If you would like to apply for this position please forward your covering letter and resume via the link below.
Interested? Please hit the apply now button.
At GHD, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 02:14:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!