Job title: Head of FIN Maintenance (Nuclear)
Company: Nawah Energy Company
Job description: Job Description
Provide leadership and direction for all activities of the Maintenance Division Fix-It-Now (FIN) organization, which consists of multidiscipline maintenance teams and shift rotating crews responsible for addressing emergent plant needs and ensuring outage and online maintenance schedules for the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) as per the regulatory requirements, operating policies and principles, nuclear standards for nuclear safety, industrial safety, and environmental protection.
- Verify that all job tasks are performed in a timely manner and with quality to achieve the highest level of safety and reliability (includes work performed by the maintenance contractors).
- Manage inspections, repairs, maintenance, and rebuilds of plant equipment and associated structures as identified by the Operations function (OPS) and directed to ensure alignment of FIN maintenance activities.
- Verify that industrial safety, nuclear safety, radiation safety, human performance and regulatory compliance requirements are followed to promote a safety conscious environment.
- Analyze equipment deficiency, human performance and industrial safety events to establish corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Implement training, industry benchmarking, and World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) best practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Designate priorities for work activities and develop a resource loaded implementation schedule to accomplish required maintenance.
- Assist in monitoring short term outage and prepare outage activity list in conjunction with outage management to ensure productive outages.
- Identify equipment improvement items to ensure equipment can adequately address FIN team requirements.
- Provide procurement requests for equipment spare parts and special tools to ensure FIN team equipment and materials needs are met.
- Provide leadership coaching and oversight to ensure that the Conduct of Maintenance is implemented.
- Provide technical support for other plant groups including work management, engineering and operations to facilitate effective achievement of their objectives.
- Prepare for WANO, Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO), and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) pre start up and online peer reviews to align with industry best practices.
Staff Training and Qualification
- Relay management expectations on the Conduct of Maintenance and communicate with Section to ensure high level of safety and reliability of plant systems.
- Critically evaluate performance of individual staff to develop necessary training.
- Verify training programs provide necessary technical knowledge and skills to ensure staff are properly trained and qualified to conduct assigned responsibilities.
- Provide training feedback on program effectiveness with evaluation of performance to ensure quality of training and qualification program.
- Assist in developing the Department’s systems and processes, as well as review and oversee the develop and implement the Section’s procedures, identifying opportunities for the continuous improvement of practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Ensure that all relative reports are prepared timely and accurately, to meet the Section’s requirements and standards.
Health, Safety, and Security
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Division/Department/Section by the delivery of the Health and Safety Management Program to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
- Manage the effective achievement of the Organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, and providing formal and informal constructive feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback, and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals and AT SITE values.
- Diploma or Equivalent.
- 7 years of relevant experience, out of which:
- 2 years Power Plant Experience.
- 1 year Nuclear Power Plant Experience.
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 23:52:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!