Job title: SCADA & Telecom Inspector (Water infrastructure)
Job description: 19389BR
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Due to the continued success of our Middle East operations, we are looking for a Scada Inspector for our Abu Dhabi operations who will be responsible for the following:
- In close collaboration with designs, documents, and manages implementation of essential SCADA control systems and components for drainage utility networks and recycled water networks. Provides appropriate and timely technical advice on matters relating to SCADA and control systems.
- Provides review/comments on electrical engineering control system drawings such as site location instrumentation layout drawings, SCADA control room layout drawings, control schematic diagrams, wired/wireless protocol designs, control and logic diagrams, and control system equipment.
- Develops, establishes and upgrades SCADA design and implementation standards, with periodic reviews to ensure the client remains current with evolving SCADA design methods.
- Reviews control systems architecture, material submittals & design drawings for the entire SCADA system including site locations and the central control room.
- Reviews and validates PLC/SCADA software programs, logic, operation & functionality.
SCADA & Telecom Inspector (Water infrastructure)
- 4 year engineering degree (Electrical, Electronic or similar) or equivalent. Professional Engineer certification is preferred.
- 10+ years experience in designing, implementing and/or managing SCADA control systems and components in the 24×7 continuous process drainage, sewer or water utility industry.
- Demonstrable knowledge of structured programming, SCADA communication techniques and protocols. Knowledge and application of all instrumentation related standards, codes and regulations; working knowledge of DCS, PLC and SCADA/HMI control system software, hardware and architecture. Wonderware experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of profibus, Modbus, OPC & industrial Ethernet networks are mandatory. Expert Knowledge of database & reporting tools are mandatory. Knowledge of fiber optics installations and Cisco Firewalls/routers/switches in the automation network layer is mandatory. SIEMENS PLC/SCADA and Honeywell PLC/Experion DCS experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to interact effectively with multicultural teams.
- Ability to work effectively and diligently as an individual and team member to resolve complex faults on critical equipment.
- Ability to prepare and present technical and non-technical documentation.
- Proven ability to perform in a key technical leadership role, good written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
- Experience in water pipelines, TSE transmission, recycled water.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 23:14:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!