Job title: Resident Engineer (Scada and I&C)
Job description: 19406BR
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Due to the continued success of our Middle East operations, we are looking for a Resident Engineer for our Abu Dhabi operations.
The Resident Engineer will lead development of the strategy, design and implementation of an enhanced SCADA control environment. The Resident Engineer position will be responsible for the following:
- In close collaboration with the client designs, documents, and manages implementation of essential SCADA control systems and components for drainage utility networks and recycled water networks. Provides appropriate and timely technical advice on matters relating to SCADA and control systems.
- Acts as the lead problem solver in incorporating industry standards and modern technology into the SCADA design.
- Provides review/comments on electrical engineering control system drawings such as site location instrumentation layout drawings, SCADA control room layout drawings, control schematic diagrams, wired/wireless protocol designs, control and logic diagrams, and control system equipment.
- Acts as the client’s representative in design meetings with consultants and contractors and suggests solutions and recommendations in evolving a standard design philosophy. Coordinates with consultants in preparation of method statements related to SCADA works.
- Develops, establishes and upgrades SCADA design and implementation standards, with periodic reviews to ensure the client remains current with evolving SCADA design methods.
- Reviews control systems architecture, material submittals & design drawings for the entire SCADA system including site locations and the central control room.
- Reviews and validates PLC/SCADA software programs, logic, operation & functionality.
- Plans and suggests strategic recommendations and improvements for SCADA system.
Resident Engineer (Scada and I&C)
- 4 year engineering degree (Electrical, Electronic or similar) or equivalent. Professional Engineer certification is preferred.
- 10+ years experience in designing, implementing and/or managing SCADA control systems and components in the 24×7 continuous process drainage, sewer or water utility industry.
- Hands-on experience in the design of SCADA systems and demonstrable work experience on at least 4 major SCADA projects with a minimum of two projects implementing site wide SCADA.
- Demonstrable knowledge of structured programming, SCADA communication techniques and protocols. Knowledge and application of all instrumentation related standards, codes and regulations; working knowledge of DCS, PLC and SCADA/HMI control system software, hardware and architecture. Wonderware experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of profibus, Modbus, OPC & industrial Ethernet networks are mandatory. Expert Knowledge of database & reporting tools are mandatory. Knowledge of fiber optics installations and Cisco Firewalls/routers/switches in the automation network layer is mandatory. SIEMENS PLC/SCADA and Honeywell PLC/Experion DCS experience preferred.
- Developed interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to interact effectively with multicultural teams.
- Ability to work effectively and diligently as an individual and team member to resolve complex faults on critical equipment.
- Ability to prepare and present technical and non-technical documentation.
- Proven ability to perform in a key technical leadership role, good written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 03:32:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!