Job title: Head of Outage Preparation
Company: Nawah Energy Company
Job description: Job Description
Supervise and lead the planning, preparation and monitoring of forced and planned outage processes of Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) to ensure milestones remain on track and that sufficient recovery plans are put in place to support milestones which are at risk. Provide clear direction for preparation to ensure that critical or near critical path activities are suitably scoped, planned, remain on track, and are executed in accordance with industry best practices while achieving the highest standards for nuclear and employee safety.
1. Outage Management – Preparation and Scheduling
- Lead the creation of effective refueling outage plans that incorporate the requirements of the long-term life-cycle outage plan in place to keep the Barakah Nuclear Power Plants operating safely and efficiently.
- Supervise the preparation, planning, execution and closeout of outage preparation related activities, with a focus on preparation and planning, to ensure that outage planning remains on track and that sufficient recovery plans are put in place to support milestones that are at risk.
- Identify risk mitigation strategies for schedule risk, equipment reliability risk and maintenance performance risk to minimize the impact of unexpected or unplanned events.
- Lead the implementation of OUT processes and procedures for scoping, planning and conducting the outage and coordinate with the online planning process to ensure alignment of the OUT with Work Management (WM), Operations (OPS), Maintenance (MNT) and Turbine and Refuel Services.
- Lead section activities to ensure that Nuclear Safety, including all aspects of Shutdown Safety, is the overriding priority during outage schedule development.
- Verify that Outage Management and required interfacing functions are aligned to the established outage milestones and that regulatory requirements, operating policies and principles, standards for nuclear, industrial, and environmental safety, and industry best practices are followed and adhered to ensure organizational excellence.
- Monitor communications with Transco to ensure that the schedule meets procedural requirements for Transco communication and notification to support reliable and economic supply planning.
2. Outage Management – Execution
- Lead outage execution activities when required (Execution heads occupied with other execution work), such as organization and implementation of the outage control center (OCC), daily outage meetings, and critical path tracking to ensure continuity of direction.
- Verify that key schedule milestones during the outage are being achieved, milestone product quality meets established standards, and prompt corrective actions are established for recovery plans to minimize plant downtime during planned and forced outages.
3. Outage Management – Lessons Learned and Other
- Supervise and monitor section performance against established performance criteria through various means such as self-assessments, performance monitoring programs, direct personal observation and industry benchmarked Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report finding to improve performance.
- Utilize management information systems effectively to track work volumes, schedule performance and overall outage performance in the OUT organization to enable trending, analysis and communication of performance.
4. Schedule Training and Mentoring
- Lead training and mentoring of Nawah employees on the development, management, and reporting of outage milestones to support the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Oversee continuous improvement to further enhance the outage planning and scheduling process, understanding of overall plant operations, and impact of outage planning on safe and reliable operations.
- Prepare annual budget plan of the Outage Preparation section and measure the financial performance versus the budget to ensure alignment.
6. Outage and Emergency Response Organization (ERO) Support
- Support outage and/or the emergency response organization, as assigned, to ensure safe, reliable and continued operations; this may require shift work/off hours support.
7. Operational Planning
- Provide input into the development of the Department’s systems and processes, as well develop and implement the Section’s procedures, identifying opportunities for the continuous improvement of practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Monitor, control and report Operational and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the Section, to track performance and recommend corrective or mitigating actions.
- Ensure that all relative reports are prepared timely and accurately, to meet the Section’s requirements and standards.
8. Health and Safety and Security
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Division/Department/Section by the delivery of the Health and Safety Management Program to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- 7 years of relevant experience.
- 9 years of relevant experience of which:
- 4 years in Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) Nuclear Power Plant experience at an operational site and or Advanced Pressurized-water Reactor APR-1400, Open Pool Reactor (OPR)-1000 or Combustion Engineering Nuclear Steam Supply System (CE NSSS) Design, Work Management or Outage Management experience, as applicable for position.
- 3 years in a supervisory / managerial role in a nuclear power plant.
- Certification- Related professional licenses and/or certification(s) and technical certification.
- English Language skills
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 22:37:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!