Job title: Senior Project Manager (Industrial)
Job description: Job Purpose
Lead and guide the management of the assigned projects to ensure they are delivered in line with the highest HSE standards and fulfil their objectives in terms of scope, quality, cost and time. Manage, organize, supervise and lead assigned Project Managers to manage different size of projects for ADNOC and other Group Companies from Projects Award till Project Handover to End-user and supervises the work of contractors and sub-contractors / suppliers ensuring that they fully meet contract requirements with high standard of quality, health, safety and environmental requirements within project stipulated timeline and approved budget limit.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
- Develop, maintain and ensure proper application of policies, procedures, work methods, uniform standards and systems to cover, regulate and standardize various activities in the area of project management and construction, and on/off site inspection. Review them continuously to keep up-to-date in the light of changing operational settings. Contributes to the development of long-term plan for the effective maintenance and enhancement of the Division.
- Involve in preparation of schedules, cost estimates and budgets for the project. Review and recommend the same for management endorsement/approval. Control and monitor the implementation of the total budget, schedule and quality at various stages of the project execution to ensure adherence to the overall approved plan.
- Establish organization for the project, including manpower utilization and mobilization. Lead, motivate, review and monitor the performance of the teams staffed with specialists within the Division to ensure the effective implementation of the agreed plan.
- Provide professional expertise in the selection of potential sub-contractors and suppliers with particular emphasis on their pre-qualification, bid evaluation, etc. and site management in relation to site arrangements, overall logistics, etc.
- Direct the development of detailed statement of requirements (SOR), scope of work, and strategy for implementation of various project phases and execution philosophy in order to meet project objectives.
- Monitor and control the progress of work performed by subordinates assigned to the project and that of contractors. Identifies any bottlenecks, directs, guides and recommends corrective action to ensure smooth and timely completion of each project.
- Lead and maintain the negotiations of claims, backcharges and variations, etc. with contractors and vendors. Identifies cost reduction, scheduling and quality improvement and makes appropriate recommendation to the management for approval.
- Approve/endorse contractual and financial commitments and invoices submitted by consultants/contractors on behalf of the company within the authorized limitations as specified in the Delegation of Authority by the management.
- Ensure the timely and comprehensive inspection of all facilities for their quality and integrity as per contractual agreements in terms of approved materials/equipment specifications and standards by the company and statutory regulations.
- Ensure that the required Audits from different parties are conducted on time and the required corrective actions are communicated and implemented as planned.
- Perform other similar or related duties, as assigned. This includes preparing weekly highlights and monthly progress reports, covering all aspects of projects and construction activities. Ensures the arrangements of necessary training courses and conference for the project staff.
- Plan, manage, supervise and control the activities of assigned employees in the Projects Management & Construction Department. Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority at the appropriate level as established by management for the position.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant Engineering discipline. Master’s Degree in Engineering Management is highly preferable.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 14 years of relevant engineering project execution experience in Oil & Gas with at least 7 years in a Senior Project Management role; managing engineering multi-disciplinary functions for the design of the assets/facilities, exposure to preparation of FEED packages
Certification in Project Management (Preferable).
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
- Work involves walking, standing, computer terminal use, and visiting work sites (30%).
- Normally A/C environment. Exposed to prevailing weather conditions during project site visits.
Job Family / Sub Family:Projects / Projects, Facilities & Construction Management
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart
Group Company: ADNOC Distribution
Dec 13, 2021
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 23:21:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!