Job title: Services Technology – On-Wing Technology Leader
Company: General Electric
- At a regional level – Provides technical expertise and develops technical solutions (configuration, performance estimation, economics, etc.) as part of the pre-ITO (requisition) process while interfacing with the commercial team. Possesses a deep understanding of power generation markets and customer economic value that aid winning bid strategies. To include ‘ITO’: Technical analysis of client need: definition and optimization of the products; scope (description); schedule; industrial scheme; cost, considering contract and internal policies and procedures. Calculation of plant, system and equipment performance and efficiency. Documentation of technical specifications & costing elements for further contract execution phases. This also includes OTR part where engineers work on customizing the products and implementing it for specific customer needs
- Requires specialized knowledge within the function. Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others’ options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience in the Engineering/Technology & Regional Customer Applications. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master’s degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA – Master’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Job date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 05:32:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!