Job title: Data Scientist- Operations
Job description: About Us
Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture-we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
We are looking for an analytical and result-driven Data Scientist with strong programming skills for our Data Science team, who will design, build, and own end-to-end large-scale projects and ML systems that touch both the demand side and the supply side.
Some topics you will work on include -but are not limited to- pricing, network design, demand forecasting, and customer-driven continuous experimentation. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of state-of-art technologies, software design & architecture, data pipelines, and of course passion for problem-solving. So, in other words, we are looking for a real problem solver/engineer first and foremost but someone with full-stack Data Science experience on top.
The role will be a part of the OPS Team and you will collaborate with Product, Ops, SRE, DWH teams mostly.
What You’ll Do
- Build end-to-end machine learning solutions
- Conceptualize and implement data driven solutions to business problems by understanding business processes and collaborating with business stakeholders across multiple offices and regions
- Identify the pain points (and/or growth opportunities) in our existing solutions, go deep into the data to develop hypotheses, and to propose strategies that address complex business challenges
- Design and evaluate experiments at scale
- Help to improve and maintain the infrastructure and the pipelines not only we use but provide to the rest of the team to enable them
- Analyse large amounts of data to discover trends/insights and leverage them for generating valuable feedback to multiple functions
- Contribute to our understanding of the business by conducting extensive research and by driving innovation throughout the company
- Define and measure success rate of how models are used in decision making, create feedback loop to enhance models based on business feedbacks
- Be proficient in specific business domain , and serve as the smart business owner of the business KPIs
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 2 years of working experience as a Data Scientist
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning models and scalable ML systems
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches and designing large-scale experiments
- Solid understanding of statistics and math
- Strong programming skills in Python/R; familiarity with Scala and JS is an asset (if you are confidently language-agnostic ignore this requirement)
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies
- Knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
- Experience in dynamic pricing optimization is a huge plus
- Fluent in English
- The ability to work in a very dynamic, flexible, and high-paced culture
Job date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 07:21:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!