Job title: FOREMAN – MECHANICAL
Company: DP World
Job description: Job Description:
- Lead and supervise workers to perform overhauling of all relevant equipment as assigned. These equipment will include but not limited to: Main Engine 2-stroke, Auxiliary Engine 4-stroke, Steam Turbine, Engine Turbocharger, Centrifugal Pump, Screw Pump, Gear Box, Winches and Windlass, COW machines IG/Pump room fans etc.
- Lead and supervise workers to perform overhauling & calibration of all relevant equipment as assigned. These equipment will include: Engine Fuel Pump & Injector, Safety & Relief Valves and PV Valves Steel chock bedding, Valve seat grinding using Chris marine, Re-tubing of heat exchangers, Plate type cooler cleaning, High-pressure washing of engine parts, Air hoist, hydraulic pump, jacks, etc. repair and Rigging items up to 30 tons.
- Liaise with other discipline foremen / supervision to ensure the optimum utilization of available resources, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
- Assist the senior foreman and supervisors in planning activities to ensure optimum use of resources.
- Ensure that the workers are properly supplied with machineries, tools, equipment and materials and everything is in proper order and state of maintenance.
- Coach and guide workers to ensure safety, productivity and quality are maintained.
- Perform inspections to ensure that the workers performance is up to the set standards.
- Create progress reports on a daily basis and ensure that any significant information is communicated to the supervisor i.e. resource shortfalls, surplus, HSEQ concerns.
- Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of
- High school, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Industrial / vocational training
- 5-6 years’ relevant experience in Marine, oil & gas and offshore industry Ability to dismantle and push up propeller, muff coupling and rudderstock.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures, specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Ability to understand, read and interpret drawings.
- Select and use appropriate tools, equipment, materials and machines
- Select and use appropriate measuring / testing devices
- Apply knowledge of appropriate engineering principles, techniques and procedures
Job date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:22:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!