Job title: Foreman – Plater/ Fabricator
Company: DP World
Job description: Job Description:
Day- to-day operations:
- Preplanning of jobs and providing feedback to Foreman Sr. / Supervisor on sequence of job, manpower, equipment requirement.
- Co-ordination with Project Manager, Inspector, Other trades and within Dept. for smooth execution of job.
- Ensure effective and productive use of allocated manpower, consumables and materials thereby achieving allocated time scale to meet the set target.
- Ensuring all work is performed according to the required standards and within required time.
- Liaise with other discipline foremen / supervision to ensure the optimum utilization of available resources, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
- Distribute the Platers according to their experience and monitor the performances through regular in process inspections.
- Perform internal inspections to ensure that the fit ups are of set standards prior to offering for QC / Client inspections.
- Report work progress, planned start / end dates against Work Order and turnover for next shift as required by the Supervisor.
- Train, motivate, appraise and provide feedback on training requirement to uplift the skill of subordinates
- Exercise discipline at the work site to prevent absenteeism, unsafe work practices and idleness.
- Attend any training for any activity required by the department.
- Proactive participation in identifying errors Onboard / Work Shop and effective reporting through NCIR system.
- Diploma in engineering or equivalent
- Industrial training Certificate or equivalent
- 2 years trade apprentice course.
- Familiarity with steel fabrication activities with at least 3 years of experience as Foreman or Lead position.
- Thorough knowledge in various types steel works, steel structures and welding procedure specifications.
- Knowledge and Experience in ship repair and new building yard.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures, specifications, drawings, and other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
Job date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:43:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!