Job title: Director, eCommerce Data Analyst
Company: First Abu Dhabi Bank
Job description: Company Description
First Abu Dhabi Bank is an inclusive environment where each person values the experiences, perspectives, ideas and beliefs of others. We’re in a unique position to learn from all our colleagues, combining international experience with deep cultural knowledge and local
expertise. At FAB, you’ll have the support of your team and a strong relationship with your line manager, who will trust you with responsibility and recognize your good performance. As we embrace different ways of seeing the world, listening to each other and respecting
different viewpoints, we grow stronger together.
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) are looking for a data scientist to join the e-Commerce Products Trading Desk situated within Global Markets (GM) division. The role requires the individual to support stakeholders in the delivery of digital initiatives / projects with an emphasis on the collection, storage, sanitisation, analysis and presentation of data.
The successful applicant will drive the infrastructure build to serve the divisions growing data requirements working closely with all business units and IT stakeholders to build out a long term data platform architecture within Global Markets
As the role will involve close collaboration with Trading and Sales teams its essential that the candidate has experience dealing with and a strong understanding of the fundamental and technicals of financial products (FX, Depos, Credit, Interest Rates, Equities) from a linear and non-linear perspective.
A proven ability to drive business related results with data-based insights to improve the bottom line.
Experience dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and enablement teams to drive projects to completion as collaboration is of the essence.
- Ownerships of data related intiatives within GM with initial focus on the building Power BI reports for Trading and Sales and working closely with IT to build out GMs data lake;
- Use predictive modelling to optimise and support trading strategies to generate p&l;
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques by performing in-depth sample testing;
- Develop processes, tools and controls to monitor output performance and accuracy;
- Rebuild and improve upon exisiting MIS processes for management. This would involve collaboration with internal stakeholders like IT, Finance, Operations, Risk and Product Control;
- Implement a variety of data mining / analysis tools, building and implementing models and creating and running simulations.
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline from a reputable university.
- 5 – 10 years’ relevant experience in the financial sector with at least 2 years frequent exposure to or employment in Global Markets either on the buy-side or sell-side.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 23:49:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!