Job title: Director Of Information Technology
Company: Mandarin Oriental
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Director Information Technology
Position: Director of Information Technology
Job no: 510606
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Department: Management (Director), Information Technology
- Ensure that systems have no errors, no response time issues, minimum of downtime, and perform according to documented specifications and guest / hotel staff expectations
- Ensures that operating system, hotel and office applications are updated with the latest release or patch as advised by Group IT&T
- Manage on-going maintenance of systems and ensure that appropriate service contracts if deemed necessary are in place
- Maintain a record of maintenance contracts and constantly monitor the preventative maintenance program executed by the contractors.
- Review maintenance contracts with the General Manager and local Regional VP Technology at least three months prior to the expiry or automatic renewal cut-off date.
- Ensure that regular backups are scheduled to the minimum specifications as directed by Group IT&T and that the locations of offsite stored backups are accessible but securely stored.
- Maintain and manage list of support issues and coordinates with the software vendor or service provider for an immediate resolution
- Ensure that a structured escalation procedure is published to provide 24-hour support to the hotel guest and staff
- Identify and train with the concurrence of the department head, appropriate shift personnel to solve minor technology related problems
- The Director of IT or designated alternative should be available on call basis 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Ensure that issues deemed to be serious are advised to the Regional VP Technology the following working day. Ensure that issues deemed to be critical are reported to the Regional VP Technology promptly.
- In coordination with both purchasing and end user department; review technical specifications and approves the purchase of the following in view of business or functional requirements:
- All Hardware and Software connected to the Hotel LAN(s)
- Telecommunications and Related
- In Room Entertainment
- High Speed Internet
- Audio Video Systems
- Keylock System
- In coordination with the business owner, will support the justification of the new initiatives with the senior staff and department heads
- In coordination with both purchasing and the end user department, justify and approve all capital expenditure requests for systems and technology
- In coordination with purchasing, arrange for the purchases of hardware, software, cabling, training and installation for approved projects using approved local suppliers and competitive tendering under guidelines issued by the group
- Coordinate and supervise the installation of all IT&T related hardware and software with vendors and departments concerned
- In conjunction with the hotel management team, implement and manage IT&T asset replacement plan to ensure that the hotels system and technology is progressively kept current and up to date
- Establish and maintain relationships on behalf of the hotel with hardware and software vendors. Act as the primary contact for all external agents for technology matters affecting the hotel
- Organize all documents, manuals, master software, spares, etc. in a such a way that they are secure but readily available
- Maintain documentation and manuals, whether in hard or soft copy form, of all computer technology up to date and in good order.
- Maintain and update all software manuals, whether in hard or soft copy form, to ensure their validity and accuracy
- Maintain a log of backups and locations of off-site storage tapes/disks
- Keep the Hardware /Software Asset Management files up to date
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience working in senior IT roles and managing large ( 15) technology teams
- Ideally significant experience in leading IT Operations and Services at senior level (Excom)
- Experienced IT Leader with a broad experience across compliance, applications, networking and infrastructure.
- Have a hands-on approach with good technical awareness
- Strong resource management; balancing strong operational/BAU excellence and project resource.
- Understanding of security strategies and devices, ensuring initiatives are implemented, maintained and adhered to.
- Previous accountability for operational stability of enterprise infrastructure, providing input to problem management and accountable for remedial action.
- Provide strong IT thought leadership to enhance business processes and performance.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence diverse teams, provide direction and drive cultural change.
- Ability to decipher complex issues and present recommendations succinctly.
- Ability to work with multicultural team
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Proven experience as Director of IT or similar role
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
Advertised: 27 Jan 2021 Arabian Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Mar 2021 Arabian Standard Time
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 07:06:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!