Job title: Information Systems Assistant u2013 ERP Finance and Accounting, GS
Company: The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Information Systems Assistant
Secretariat of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
Administration and Management Services (AMS)
Publication/Transmission Date: 16 December 2021(at midnight, Abu Dhabi local time)
Title: Information Systems Assistant
– ERP Finance and Accounting, GS-5
Annual Gross Remuneration: AED 221,908 to 273,688 plus Provident Fund
Duration of Contract: 2 years with possible extension
Duty Station: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Date for Entry on Duty: As soon as possible
The International Renewable Energy Agency is an inter-governmental organisation headquartered in Abu Dhabi, mandated to promote the widespread and increased adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity. IRENA’s mission is to play a leading role in the ongoing transformation of the global energy systems as a centre of excellence for knowledge and innovation, a global voice of renewable energy, a network hub for all stakeholders and a source of advice and support for countries. At present, IRENA has 166 Members (165 States and the European Union) that acceded to its Statute, and 18 additional States in the process of accession and actively engaged.
The Administration and Management Support Division is responsible for providing the Secretariat with an efficient support in managing its human and financial resource and ensures effective and timely delivery of information technology, procurement and logistical services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the management of the Chief Information Technology and direct guidance of the ICT ERP Porject manager / Applications Officer / Infrastructure Officer, the Information Systems Assistant (ERP)will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, designing and developing internal business solutions and information systems based on Oracle Fusion ERP.
Information Systems Development (ERP)
- Participates in the development, programming / configuration, testing, debugging and implementation of new ERP application systems releases, modules and functionalities. Mainly in the areas of Finance and Accounting.
- Develops, tests and implements ERP application systems and programs using IRENA established standards for IT technologies, programming languages and tools.
- Liaise with end-users (mainly from Finance) to collect their business needs and define / document the related requirements / specifications.
- Design solutions and propose alternatives to end-users as per their business needs and applicable ICT standards.
- Build prototype of ERP applications if needed for review by end-users as per the given requirements.
- Propose enhancements on ERP modules and features in the areas of Finance and Accounting to end-users.
- To serve as focal point in the areas of Finance and Accounting for coordination, monitoring and expedition of ERP application system support and development projects, involving extensive liaison with AMS units and divisional administrative assistants to initiate requests; prepares standard terms of reference; processes and follows-up on administrative actions and resolves issues related to ERP.
- To draft correspondence and communications, including work/project plan revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports. Contribute to the development of projects plans for ERP developments.
- To perform quality assurance activities of ERP software applications to ensure that they are developed as per given functional and non-functional specifications.
- To run and validate processes related to data for final outgoing product delivery.
- To prepare technical and user documentation for deployed ERP system, as well as training materials and conducts technical presentations.
- To work closely with others in line with ICT objectives, procedures and standards.
Information Systems Maintenance and Support (ERP)
- Provides support for deployed ERP system and modules including regular updates, data recovery and deployment to users’; performs ongoing reviews with users and developers and responds to users requests
- Provide support, assistance and training to end-users in related to the ERP system Finance and Accounting modules.
- Provide support to the finance team in the different financial reconciliation, closure and audit exercices.
- Maintain the quality of data in the ERP related to Finance and Accounting moduels, and support creation and generation of reports.
- Perform administration tasks related to the ERP (transactions, worflows, data, permissions, reporting, etc.)
- Perform maintenance and monitoring tasks for the ERP system.
- Contribute to the development of a maintenance plan for the ERP system.
- Assist in managing records related to the ICT assets including registration of new assets, entries device assignment and related information, draft annual report on assets and related cost…
- Assist in processing ICT payments and other administrative/audit taksks. Maintain records related to ICT payments, budget and expenses to meet planning and financial reporting.
- Perform other duties as required.
Incident and requests Management (ERP)
- Receive, log and assign incident calls or service requests related to the Oracle ERP system in a service desk tracking system with minimum delay, mainly in the areas of Finance and Accounting.
- Attempt to resolve as many incident calls or service requests on initial contact.
- Perform tasks related to scheduled service requests.
- Diagnose and resolve ERP system problems.
- Provide assistance and basic training to end-users on the use of ERP system and modules.
- Liaise with other areas of ICT and staff to facilitate completion of service requests.
- Perform quality assurance procedures to ensure client satisfaction.
- Detect problem patterns and recommend solutions.
- Escalate problems in accordance with established procedure;
- Keep abreast of developments in technology and standards both in IRENA and in the industry in general.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- May be required to work on shift assignments on weekdays to maintain the service coverage beyond regular office hours. The incumbent may be required to work ad-hoc assignments during evenings or early mornings of working days as well as holidays and weekends.
- May be required to visit user’s premises to resolve problems on their laptops.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
- Finance Team.
- Information Technology Officers, Information Systems Officers, IT vendors or service providers and Administrative Assistants throughout IRENA.
- Senior officers, technical staff, and end-users in IRENA HQ and IITC-Bonn and New York offices.
- Sales and technical personnel of hardware/software vendors and contractors.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education/courses in the area of Information Technology, Finance, orAccounting would be an asset.
Experience:Minimum 5 years of experience in ERP information systems analysis and development, systems administration and maintenance, technical writing or related area especially in Oracle Fusion ERP (finance and accounting modules) and Cloud environments; Good knowledge of the principles and procedures in Finance and accounting.Skills in business intelligence tools such as Oracle BI and Microsoft Power BI and ITIL certification will be and added advantage; Certification in Finance would be an will be and added advantage, Experience of working in a multi-cultural organisation is desirable.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above mentioned vacancy on-line, through IRENA’s recruitment platform, Taleo by submitting a complete and comprehensive CV and a letter of interest, including details of three professional references who will be contacted if their application is shortlisted.
Applications from qualified women, especially from nationals of developing countries, are highly encouraged.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
Expected salary: 221908 – 273688 per year
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 04:14:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!