Job title: Sr. Instrumental Engineer
Company: isengagedd HR Services
Job description: We are seeking an experienced, Senior Instrumental Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. In terms of reporting and responsibilities, the figure will respond to the Project Engineering Manager.
Senior Instrumental Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring planned engineering (instrumental) progress with respect to the engineering deliverables for Tenders (as required) and awarded Projects, instrumental engineering planning & scheduling, preparation of progress reports, manpower & resource forecasts, time schedules of engineers, utilization of resources effectively & efficiently.
- Detail Engineering including design calculations, optimization, sizing & selection of instruments (and related accessories) and plans etc. for Tenders (as required) and for awarded Projects.
- Detail analysis of the existing and interaction with new instrumental facilities (e.g. Fire Detection Systems, Gas Detection Systems, etc.)
- Assistance during hazardous evaluation sessions (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, etc.)
- Instrumental definition of major equipment to be used in the water treatment plants (e.g. pumps, mixers, blowers and compressors, etc.) with the definition of detailed instrumental datasheets, technical specifications and hook-up/installation drawings.
- Review of Clients tender documents, specifications, datasheets, verification of FEED design & calculations.
- Preparation and/or supervision of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
- To ensure proper division of work & responsibility among the instrumental engineers, providing proper guidance & integration of work done, ensuring good, positive & healthy working nature among the team of engineers to ensure optimum productivity & efficiency.
- Preparation & Issue of RFQ’s, evaluation of vendor’s quotations, clarifications, Technical Bid Analysis etc. for all the required process aspects.
- Review of vendor’s documents, drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations for all the required process aspects.
Senior Instrumental Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electronic/automation engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as instrumental engineer for industrial water treatment applications (O&G or heavy industry is preferred).
- Familiar with instrumental design software (e.g. InTools, etc.) preferred
- Familiar with instrumental calculation softwares (also proprietary)
- Familiar with 2D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g. AutoCAD, etc.)
- Familiar to hazardous area classification and consequent reports
- Familiar with the Engineering Stds such as API, NFPA, ASME, NEMA, IEC, BS / EN etc. and Client Stds such as SHELL, ARAMCO, MOBIL etc.
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
Job date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 23:40:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!