Job title: Electrical Engineer
Job description: Requisition ID: 51783
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change-providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
Intermediate electrical engineer with 5 to 8 years’ experience in industrial sectors, such as mining and metals, and energy. Capable to handle projects and studies independently with minimum support. Can produce engineering deliverables such as specification, data sheet, load list, calculation (cable sizing, transformer, switchgear, generator, UPS, etc.), and supervise preparation of different drawings (SLD, schematics, lighting, earthing, cable tray, area classification, etc.).
Electrical Engineering Degree (bachelors) is mandatory. Familiarity with local UAE/Saudi/ GCC codes and standards for electrical design, as well as American and European codes. Needs to be motivated and have good people skills including face to face coordination with clients and other stakeholders.
The Electrical Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to large and small projects. The Electrical Engineer reports to the Lead Electrical Engineer on a large project and to the Project Manager or Engineering Manager on small projects, i.e. functions as the Lead Electrical Engineer on small projects.
You will bring to the role:
- Assist the Engineering Manager/Lead Electrical Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
- Prepare, subject to the approval of the Lead Electrical Engineer, technical documentation required for the execution of the project, including but not limited to general layout drawings, design criteria, design calculations, preliminary studies, value engineering studies, process flow sheets, standard specifications, standard detail drawings, construction and/or fabrication drawings, equipment lists, technical specifications, as-built documentation and data sheets.
- Manage and coordinate with the Lead/Senior Electrical Engineers the progress of the engineering work in accordance with the project scope, schedule and procedures.
- Review shop drawings to ensure conformity with engineering designs.
- Following the award of contracts and purchase orders as instructed, monitor the fabrication and construction work to ensure that it is executed in accordance with the engineering designs.
- Witness Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Assist the Lead Electrical Engineer to measure, on a monthly basis, the progress of the engineering work packages to ensure that project budgets and schedules are being met. Assist the Lead Electrical Engineer in implementing corrective action as required.
- Assist the Lead/Senior Electrical Engineers in reviewing the outcome of quality audits of engineering work and perform remedial work in accordance with the project procedures and the quality assurance plan.
- Assist the Lead/Senior Electrical Engineers in ensuring that the checking of documentation and interdisciplinary coordination is implemented in accordance with project procedures.
- Assist the Lead Electrical Engineer in the preparation of draft monthly engineering progress reports for incorporation into the engineering monthly report.
- Assist in the commissioning on site as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/B.Eng degree in electrical engineering.
- Registration as a professional engineer. Alternatively, registration as a candidate for professional engineer actively working towards professional registration.
- Minimum five years project engineering experience. Experience in electrical design/consultancy ideally within a similar large engineering or multi-disciplinary project environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards.
- Awareness of Hatch HSEC policy and standards.
- Good safety awareness.
- Sound knowledge of Hatch’s 3D data-centric design systems.
- Sound knowledge of Hatch’s engineering management systems.
- Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise others.
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 05:14:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!