Job title: Engineer, HSE (Technical Study)
Job description: Description
Engineer, HSE (Technical Study)
Monitor the HSE’ performance and practices to ensure that Group Companies operations and plant assets are operating safely and in accordance with the HSE standards, policies and procedures. Act as a focal point for HSE management systems’ implementation, while providing with the needful support for the respective functions and personnel. Provide with recommendations and feedback to ensure proper resolution of incidents, and the implementation of HSE development projects.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
- Review reports, feedback and inputs by Group Companies to ensure aligned and timely support for any HSE related matter.
- Monitor the HSE compliance and performance, and participate to complex and high-impact HSE inspection’ activities to ensure compliance with HSE standards and procedures; i.e. for equipment installation, asset and facilities operations starting, loading, offloading, and shutting down…etc.
- Provide Support; facilitate understanding and communication of HSE Management System and COPs for ADNOC and Group Companies.
- Revise purchasing standards to ensure equipment and material purchased meet applicable safety codes and conform to the latest technology.
- Contribute to the development of safety programs and ensures the availability of safety manuals, hazardous area instructions, safety materials, safety publications and posters, etc. recommends improvements for areas of unsafe working conditions.
- Prepare and update the safety inspection checklists and schedules for surveying Group Companies facilities for assessment of hazards and pinpointing corrective actions.
- In line with HSE technical experts, participate in HSE related studies; such as HSE Impact Assessment, HAZOP, HAZID, Root Cause Analysis, Risk Assessment, etc.
- Audit, review and assess the deployed projects, initiatives and recent updates to ensure sustainable and continuous development.
- Analyse accidents and recommends actions required to minimize recurrence. And follow up on the implementation of the recommendation(s) to ensure HSE barriers in place, until close-out report issuance.
- Investigate, or participate, as per HSE management instructions, in the investigation for accidents to enable the forthcoming decision-making.
- Participate in reviewing and amend accordingly the Company’s Audit and Management of Contractors Procedures.
- Participate in the implementation of level 2 internal audits, including self-assessed audits conducted at site level.
- Participate in the implementation of level 3 audits conducted at the corporate level
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 3)
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective business objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Function / Division / Department / Section budgets, assist in the implementation of the approved Budget, and work plans to deliver business objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Function / Division / Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Function / Division / Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices
- Provide inputs to prepare MIS and progress reports for Company Management
Generic Accountabilities (continue)
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
- Regular work contacts with all levels in the organization, primarily with Senior and Middle Management during the development and follow-up of Corrective /Preventive action plans and all related post audit follow-ups.
- Regular contacts with similar counterparts in the ADNOC Group of Companies, operating companies affiliated to the Supreme Petroleum Council to provide advice and for exchange of expertise and work coordination purposes.
External Communications & Working Relationships
Regular contacts with consultants, external bodies auditors, ADNOC/ Shareholders Auditors
Bachelor Degree in Safety, Industrial Engineering, or any related engineering fields.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 6 years of experience, including at least 3 years as Safety or HSE Engineer.
- Experience in HSE project implementation, HSE inspection, and HSE systems.
- Experience in all or at least one of the following fields: Drilling, Operations, Construction, Petrochemicals and refinery
- ISO 9001
- NEBOSH / NIOSH NPG
- ISO 14001 / RC
- ISO 27000
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
Normally air-conditioned office environment. Could be exposed to the prevailing weather conditions involving heat, humidity, etc. while on site visits.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 05:14:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!