Job title: Project Manager
Job description: Requisition ID: 51841
Job Category: Project Management
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Project Manager to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
Responsible for managing, coordinating and administering the project during all stages of the project lifecycle: from setup, execution, monitoring and controlling to final closing out of the project. Overall, responsible to deliver the project within the scope, cost and schedule baseline, and ensure that the project is delivered within the safety, quality and environmental best practices set out by Hatch and the client for the project.
Manage Hatch’s business interests, to include: the prime contract, revenues, receivables, project viability and profitability. Manage the project delivery process to meet the owner’s goals, objectives and expectations. Resolves problems and coordinates the final handover of the project to the client.
- Displays and actively promotes behavior aligned to Hatch’s goal of achieving a total safety culture by:
- Participating in investigation of all serious incidents reported and ensuring that all follow-up actions are carried out.
- Participating in audits of work areas.
- Attending all identified safety training.
- Acting as a mentor for the implementation of Hatch safety standards to contractors.
- Develops and obtains sign-off from client on Project Execution Plan (PEP) and Client’s Requirement Specification.
- Develops and resources an appropriate organization structure, and ensures that the entire project team has the required resources for the work.
- Provides leadership to the project and creates a highly committed and aligned team environment with all who can influence the project’s outcomes.
- Ensures governance on the project, specifically compliance to Hatch and client delegations of authority, procedures and policies. Authorizes all commitments of expenditure on the project (subject to agreed delegation), and approves payment of invoices, manages claims responses and settlement processes.
- Develops a detailed scope, cost and schedule control baseline, and manages any project changes in terms of this agreed control baseline.
- Carries clear responsibility and accountability for delivery of the project goals as set down by the client/project director. Coordinates all client contacts, including major correspondence between Hatch and the client, and maintains working relationships at all levels throughout the period of the project.
- Monitors and controls all contractual commitments to assure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings, terms of the contract and client expectations.
- Conducts regular project progress and client meetings to review the progress and issues in all disciplines of the project.
- Establishes and ensures that the processes for effective scope control (i.e. Trend and Change Management) for the project are in place and that these processes are agreed by the Client and they are managed in accordance with Hatch Best Practice.
- Establishes and manages processes for the early identification of any potential changes to the Hatch prime contract and ensures that those changes are identified to the Client.
- Ensures that appropriate contractual changes are formally authorized by the Client.
- Ensures that Hatch’s standard suite of tools and procedures are properly set-up and deployed at the project. Variances from Hatch PLP standard practice must be approved by the PDG Regional Director.
- Ensures that project and tollgate reviews are scheduled, prepared for and held in accordance with the Hatch Project Lifecycle Process for the project or study’s particular Front End Loading Phase.
- Directs and reviews all discipline functions throughout the project lifecycle and ensures that the discipline leads actively manage best practices within each of their fields.
- Ensures that the required business and workplace integration activities occur.
- Specifically, that project documentation (contractual, engineering, maintenance and workplace change related) is managed (received, reviewed, comments incorporated, responded and incorporated in plant records).
- Obtains client’s acceptance of the work and sign-off for the completed project. Is responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project close out report, and prompt closeout of the prime contract.
- Establishes and manages the invoicing process with the Client, to ensure that all invoices are effectively delivered to the Client with the relevant and agreed backup, to ensure efficient process by the Client for payment of the works executed by Hatch.
- Ensures compliance to the project Environmental Management Plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Five to ten years’ experience in cross functional leadership roles in a project/operations environment.
- Advanced safety awareness.
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
- Coordination, organization and planning of community and industrial relations awareness. Commercial awareness.
- Experience in managing multi discipline projects.
- Experience in leadership, management and administrative processes.
- Experience in engineering, procurement and construction, and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies. Broad knowledge of industry standards. Proven background of resourcefulness under pressure.
- Relationship building.
- Strong customer/client focus.
- Judgment problem solving.
- Strong leadership skills/proven leadership skills and abilities.
- Well-developed written and oral communication/negotiation skills.
- Five years relevant experience including involvement in at least one significant EPC/EPCM project in package/area management across functions.
- Working knowledge of engineering, project control systems and construction management.
- Business development skills.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 23:59:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!