Job title: Regional Category Buyer
Job description: Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi’s airport.
The Category Buyer supports one or several procurement categories for the entire region/country in which he/she operate.He/she works in close relation with the Product / Project Procurement organizations and the relevant stakeholders.
He/She is accountable for end-to-end performance of the acquisition process, via the management of the RFI &/or RFP’s including supplier selection exercises and the deployment, implementation and monitoring of agreed category strategies.
His/Her area of focus will be on C10 (Travel & MICE), C14 (Industrial equipment) and C15 (Transport & Logistics) for the MEA region.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Category Buyer (CB) supports the Genex & IS/IT Category.
The CB works in close relation with the relevant Global Category Managers (GCM), the Categories Team leader (CTL), the Category Manager (CM) and the Tactical Buyer (TB).
In addition to this, their main tasks are:
- Support project buyers to negotiate and coordinate signatures of segment-related purchasing contracts / frame agreements
- Ensure that the PPM and Tactical Buyer receive all required information to raise the Purchase Orders
in accordance with the purchasing delegation rules
Procurement Competitiveness Capture:
- Monitor the markets for defined categories including key players, newcomers, economic evolutions, market or regulation constraints, innovations and technology in order to support the development of the most up to date category strategies to the businesses.
- Identify new solutions/providers for the given category in order to ensure innovation/competitiveness
- Provide business intelligence on Suppliers Market for Qatar and other countries if any and their related connections with Thales’ competitors and customers
Governance, Leadership and Performance Management:
- Ensure appropriate governance is applied using KPI’s and root cause corrective actions
Supplier / Acquisition Management:
- Performance management of the panel in line with global procurement instruction for the given category set out by the Global Category Manager.
- Ensure that supplier competitions follow the governance process and are balanced and fair in order to improve business and customer performance.
- Ensure that global procurement ‘Tool Box’ of templates, tools and standards are adopted and used.
- Ensure that Thales e-Acquisition and all THALES procurement tools are fully used.
- Based on the performance management of the supply base identify the suppliers who require focused development actions and ensure that the Supplier Development Team have the required support / leverage in order for these actions to be successful.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
3+ years’ experience in Procurement.
Experience working in project/program, design / product development with cross-functional teams.
Demonstrable experience in negotiation projects &/or categories is desirable.
QUALIFICATION, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or Engineering degrees are desirable
Ability to implement operational supply chain strategy
Contractual knowledge especially of framework agreements, Liability & insurance.
Ability to lead negotiation including import / export considerations
Understanding of the market for the categories under his/her control but also ability to understand the customer’s needs and program issues
Good knowledge of a best practice acquisition Process.
Capability to work within cross functional and international multi organisational teams (teamwork)
Open minded (listen, share ideas etc.) and able to bring added value and new ideas
Ability to take initiatives with a good capacity of analysis and of synthesis
Ability to prioritise tasks
Ability to represent Thales and to demonstrate Thales values
Good written and verbal communication skills
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Job date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 23:30:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!