Job title: Curriculum Specialist, Electrical Engineering
Job description: – Establish and maintain effective working relationships with ADVETI Institutes and other stakeholders inside and outside ADVETI in order to promote quality curricular outcomes in assigned area of responsibility.
– Work with Program Teams, Course Coordinators and others with responsibility for teaching, learning and assessment in assigned area of responsibility to ensure consistency of curricular outcomes across ADVETI Institutes.
– Facilitate the development and storage of all curriculum documentation and advise on the development of teaching resources in assigned area of responsibility.
– Identify and champion models of best practice, innovation and use of advanced technology in teaching, learning and assessment in assigned area of responsibility.
– Develop training resources to support the delivery of professional development sessions and deliver sessions as required to enhance the quality of teaching, learning and assessment within ADVETI.
– Keep informed of and evaluate current practices in education, teaching, curriculum design and assessment.
– Liaise proactively with other Curriculum Specialists to support a holistic approach to curriculum development, improvement, implementation and delivery.
– Carry out administrative tasks and special projects as directed from time to time
– Develop quality curriculum and resources for vocational education and training related to Applied Electrical Technology, including: electrical fundamentals, electrical installation, electrical circuits and systems and maintenance of electrical machines and transformers
– Build and maintain effective working relationships and professional partnerships both internally and externally
– Support the implementation of outcomes-based teaching, learning and assessment
– Develop quality curriculum and resources for vocational education and training
– Implement program quality assurance processes
At least ten years’ experience of teaching and assessment, curriculum development and materials writing in education systems which operate at the senior secondary and/or diploma vocational level. A mixture of Western and Gulf experience will be well regarded, as will relevant industrial experience.
The position requires an experienced educator who has the ability to set priorities, multi-task and manage time in order to meet deadlines. This individual has superior organizational skills and can take initiative in order to work toward achieving identified goals. Sound communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to work with internal and external stakeholders. S/he is flexible and adapts well to change, with a positive attitude.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 07:25:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!