Job title: Finance Systems Analyst
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Finance Systems Analyst
The world is changing. We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual, and we want to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Luno welcomes crypto lovers and crypto newbies. You – just like everyone in the world – are on your own unique crypto-learning journey.
We are a mission-driven cryptocurrency company that is building more open and equal access to the future of money. You don’t have to know lots about crypto to be interested in joining us, you just have to feel that upgrading the world to a fairer financial system matters, and that you’d like to be part of this global change. We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We need the best team on board for our mission.
If that sounds like a culture you’d thrive in, then we are excited to hear from you.
The role in a nutshell
In this role, you’ll be implementing and maintaining the best finance systems, building out the reporting capabilities and streamlining processes for a rapidly scaling finance team.
Your mission will involve
- Maintain and build improvements in existing finance systems (Anaplan, Kissflow, Sage) with help from internal teams and/ or external consultants.
- Report building in Anaplan.
- Seek out opportunities for automation through review and redesign of existing processes.
- Identify, evaluate, design, test and implement new systems and tools in collaboration with the finance team.
- Understand business processes to identify areas for improvement/streamlining through gaining an understanding of dependencies, systems, automation risks and challenges within the finance team.
- Responsible for all finance system administration tasks.
‘The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have’
- Accountancy Qualification with relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis acquired through related work experience.
- A bright, logical mindset, with the ability to quickly grasp concepts and think creatively about solutions.
- Ability to assess and prioritise incoming information in order to draw inferences from that information that will inform a line of enquiry.
- The attention to detail of a hawk.
- Understanding of processes, systems and flow of data.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to engage with a variety of people across the business at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excel in Excel.
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to existing Luno systems (Sage X3, Anaplan, Looker, Kissflow).
Behaviours we want in all roles:
- Moontality (read more on our website).
- Commitment to continuous self-improvement.
- Self aware, hard-working team player.
- Additive to team culture.
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and take accountability, e.g. if you see something isn’t working, get it fixed.
- We welcome diversity of thought and respectful disagreement.
Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You’ll be able to continuously up-skill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and Codecademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you’ll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity leave.
- An annual inspiration day, over and above your annual and public holiday leave… for that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a globally diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
- Work is important, but your mental health should always take priority. At Luno, we do everything we can to make sure you lead a healthy and happy life. That’s why Luno gives you free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 01:03:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!