Job title: Lead Data Scientist
Job description: Join our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Lead Data Scientist on a permanent basis based in Sharjah, UAE.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Responsible for overseeing and carrying out data science projects with emphasis on product quality
- Responsible for:
- Designing and delivering Data Analytics solutions
- Design of the end-to-end data science solution based on big data platform eco system
- Identifying requirements of Analysis and Solution Architecture Design
- Data modelling and data architecture design.
- Build AI/ML algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate, and extract data to supply tailored reports to business, customers, or the wider organisation
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Work closely with the business stakeholders to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Master data management system and process design and implementation
- Data governance quality system and process design
- Business intelligence governance
- Documentation of solutions
- Collaboration with Infrastructure, application, and security teams to ensure governance and integrity of data platform
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Advanced studies in Data science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Maths or related field
- Solid (10+ years’) practical experience with SAS, Deep Learning, ML, ELT, SQL, data processing, database programming
- Excellent Knowledge with programming languages such as Scala, Python, R an asset
- Strong technical knowledge on CNN, TNN, RNN,NLTK and other related ML algorithms
- Proven knowledge in OpenCV, TensorFlow, Keras, Python, PyTorch, RASA, DL Algorithms, NVIDIA CUDA GPU Modelling, Tensorboard
- Proven knowledge in using the Machine Learning models like Ensemble Models, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Feature Engineering, Hyperparameters Tuning, Modelling, Model Metrics capturing and Validation, Preparation of Testing, Training, Validation set, Exploratory Data Analysis, Data Cleansing, building custom libraries based on requirement
- Research experience in Deep Learning models for Image processing or OCR related field is preferred
- Direct experience of solution shaping and architecture development during pre-sales & delivery including excellent documentation skills.
- Microsoft Azure Big Data Architecture certification.
- Hands on experience of Architecting and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform including Azure Databricks, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Search
- Publication record in Deep Learning models for Computer Vision, NLP is a plus
Skills & Competencies:
- Extensive experience in using data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Strong experience designing and implementing machine learning solutions as part of high-volume data ingestion and transformation pipelines
- Strong experience with best practice design principles and approaches for a range of application styles and technologies to help guide and steer decisions.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills
- Strong focus on delivering outcomes our customers
- Demonstrable skills in business partnership and influencing skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities without losing momentum
- Excellent team working skills
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
Job date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 01:12:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!