Job title: Systems Accounting Analyst
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Systems Accounting Analyst
WHAT WE DO
We’re Lula. We build innovative fintech products to help SMEs make cash flow. From instant access to funding to all-in-one business banking accounts and cutting-edge financial analysis tools, we’re on it!
Our purpose is to help SMEs manage their business better, faster, simpler, Lula, so they can spend more time doing what they love.
Speaking of love, we’re looking for Lulas who love to make a difference to join our team and change the game.
WHY WE DO IT
We care about our family, our work, our community, our country.
We’re passionate about EMPOWERING EVERY SME TO SUCCEED.
And to do it, we’re BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF FINTECH PRODUCTS TO HELP SMES MAKE CASH FLOW.
Why? Because the more businesses that succeed, the more jobs, money, and opportunities for all South Africans – including Y.O.U.
So get curious.
Rise to the challenge.
Don’t settle for average.
Shoot for amazing.
We’re here to change the game, the norm, the world,
Because when we change something for the better, we change ourselves too.
Collaborative – we’re a clan and work together as a team, always towards a common goal
Committed – we’re accountable and follow through no matter the challenge
Curious – we look for better ways to do things and make a positive difference
Connected – we stay close to, learn from and look to understand each other and our customers
Compassionate – we go out of our way to care about our colleagues, our customers and our community
The primary objective is to create and maintain efficiencies through the design of system tools using the Loan Management System (LMS) for reconciliation, gathering detailed requirements to rectify LMS issues and ensuring that these are prioritised accordingly with the Product team.
Secondary objectives are to assist the Finance in system controls and reconciliations, and to assist with the design of reconciliations by making use of the LMS.
The aim is to improve on current finance operations processes and to assist with enabling Lulalend to be more system driven with reporting in order to enhance the effectiveness of controls and efficiency of processes for the company and its stakeholders (auditors, internal: sales team, data, and collections).
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all transactions into the LMS (Debit Orders, EFT, Partner receipts)
- Maintaining the accuracy and status of advances on the LMS (Loan advance register)
- Maintaining the provision list of advances to ensure accuracy for classification period in arrears
- Daily and weekly control checks including:
- Duplicate debit orders
- Bank reconciliation completeness
- Completeness of reporting received from finance partners
- Loading manual disbursements (including refunds) to our customers when required
- Managing automated disbursements to customers (ensuring checks are in place)
- Running and producing reconciliation reports and checks (debit orders, receipts, customer transactions)
- Identify and design improved automated processes and controls
- Team support as required
THE COMPETENCIES WE’RE AFTER
- Financial analysis and interpretation of information or data
- Able to implement procedures and systems
- Able to perform reconciliations which include large volumes of data
- A good understanding of accounting principles for lenders (capital repayments, write-offs, recoveries and provisioning)
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams on projects (product, data science, credit)
- Good time management skills, showing the ability to manage self and prioritise tasks
- High performer with a track record of delivering reliable results
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3 to 5 years relevant accounting experience in a high pressure financial services environment
- Relevant accounting qualification (CIMA, BCom)
- SQL experience not required but would be beneficial
- Commercial experience designing system tools and processes used within a business
- Ability to analyse and work with big data
- Computer Literacy (MS Excel, Google Suite, Slack, Banking platforms)
- Outstanding reconciliation skills
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 03:51:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!