Job title: Reinsurance Actuary Specialist – GC
Company: Marsh & McLennan
Job description: Company: Guy Carpenter
- This is a varied role for a driven and ambitious actuary. You will be a senior member of our actuarial team driving the business growth and expertise with continuous learning and development opportunities, high exposure to the market and team spirit. You will be a highly driven, high achieving Actuary working in the insurance / reinsurance market, exposed to multiple challenges.
- As an Actuary in our team, you will be responsible for providing expert actuarial analysis and cutting edge modelling, product development and innovative solutions. You will be working closely with the brokers and a large number of clients in the Middle East and African markets.
- Our portfolio covers Treaty and Facultative, all lines of business from general lines to Medical and Life, with exposure to MEA market business covering from Middle East to South Africa including Pakistan.
- Our division consists of a large knowledge sharing team globally, with diverse expertise and multiple locations across the world, which will give you exposure to valuable people and experiences.
- As this is a client-facing role, communication skills including positive attitude and a strong personality are fundamental requirements; you will also need to promote the use of analytical tools internally with the brokers throughout the business and develop client relationships.
- Ideally, you will have experience in general lines reinsurance within the MEA market.
- Technical skills and knowledge of life pricing would be an advantage.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of capital modelling software.
We expect the successful candidate to be involved in a number of exciting areas of our business, including:
- Assisting in growing our business
- Traditional and structured reinsurance pricing, optimisation and actuarial analysis for P&C, Medical and Life lines of business using experience, exposure and stochastic modelling techniques
- Data cleansing and automation
- Leading in client renewals
- Building modelling tools and dashboards
- Able to explain in simple terms complex statistical principles
- Actuarial research and development
- Understanding of the regional regulatory environment
- Contribute to actuarial best practice group and actuarial strategy
- Innovation and added value in reinsurance broking
Required Skills * Qualified Actuary or equivalent
- Reinsurance experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Life expertise is a plus
About Guy Carpenter
In an increasingly challenging business environment clients are demanding more and more from their reinsurance broker. The variety of work that this brings is what makes this truly one of the best and most sought after jobs in the General Insurance arena.
As a global reinsurance broker Guy Carpenter have analytical departments in our offices all over the world. GC Analytics offers actuarial and catastrophe modelling services to a variety of client’s ranging from small mono line insurers, Lloyd’s syndicates to global composite insurers and reinsurers.
Guy Carpenter is the world’s premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide.
Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC) is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a global leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a global leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and 57,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice, and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company prides itself on being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. Visit for more information.
Job date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:04:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!