Job title: Systems Technologist IV (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES- UAE- Expatriate Assignment)
Company: Motorola Solutions
Job description: Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department Overview The US Federal Governments Markets Division is chartered with being the premier, compliant supplier of world-class communications solutions to the U.S. Federal Government by providing the highest quality products, systems and services. The USFGMD will achieve this with a professional, well-trained, diverse work force creating a positive and profitable customer relationship resulting in Total Customer Satisfaction and growth of our business. The Federal Systems Technology department of the USFGMD is responsible for service supporting a charter of implementing and integrating complex systems sold worldwide to the US Federal Government. As a USFGMD Systems Technologist, you will be exposed to a wide variety of communications requirements in both the Presale and Post Sale phases of a project. These applications span the entire breadth of the US Federal Government throughout the world.
Job Description NOTE: May live anywhere in the US with access to a major airport
**THIS IS AN EXPATRIATE ROLE BASED IN THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (UAE)**
**MUST BE A US CITIZEN**
**Requires approximately 75% travel**
**Ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by a U.S. Government contract**
Provide Field Operations technical support to U.S. Army, U.S. Air Forces Enterprise Land Mobile Radio networks covering but not limited to the following countries: Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Spain, and Italy, Kuwait, UAE & Africa. Provide technical integration, service, and support in relation to the Motorola Solutions product suite focused toward DoD Federal Government customers.
Duties of the Senior Field Technician for AFCENT in this EMEA area of operations include the following:
- Maintain and repair AFCENT owned Astro 25 Trunking Systems across the Middle East to include to not limited to Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, and UAE.
- Travel Quarterly to all AFCENT locations to conduct system maintenance and
ongoing telephone and email technical support.
- Fleetmap design / code plug construction
- Dedicated service lead for managed Astro 25 services as they pertain to AFCENT customers
- Provide configuration management, version control, and system documentation for AFCENT customers across established Area Of Responsibility.
- Working across Motorola Solutions organizations to proactively solve customer problems on a daily basis for AFCENT customers
- Lead effective/productive technical meetings
- Excellent technical writing skills, allowing for easy understanding of the daily
activities, outstanding actions, and issue resolution. Daily reports are submitted to standard report repository accessible by all Federal Service Europe members
- Strong planning & organizational skills, with sound judgment and decision making abilities for continued maintenance of multiple ELMR systems.
- Responsibilities include troubleshooting, system repair, quality assurance and
customer training on Motorola Astro 25 Land Mobile Radio products, including trunked, simulcast, and conventional systems
- Required knowledge of all Motorola CPS and programming utilities. Windows,
Linux, and UNIX based operating systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Field optimization and maintenance of Astro 25 IV&D Trunking Systems including RF and networking products using the latest technology service analyzers & tools
- Thorough working knowledge of a Key Management Facility (KMF) and other data functionality of an IV&D system including; Text Messaging, MUPS, OTEK & OTAP
- Thorough working knowledge of Network Management functionality, PRNM Suite, Provisioning Manager (PM), Radio Control Manager (RCM), MCC7500 Dispatch Console, Voyence (UNC) and Unified Event Manager (UEM)
- Ensure that sensitive matters and materials are properly handled to include
consideration of corporate ethical standards and all applicable international legal & cultural requirements and values
- Participate in Motorola University online training to insure that all Motorola Solutions employee courses applicable to this position are completed.
- Coordinate with various U.S. Federal Government Markets Division (USFGMD) and Motorola Solutions Corporate offices as necessary to effectively support the AFCENT customer.
- Work closely with the Service Manager, CSM, sales, and SI PM to ensure delivery of SI and service project tasks.
- Communicate with SSC and NMO support groups to ensure proper issue resolution.
- Support the Service Manager (SM) on occasions where the FST pool temporarily short-handed due to vacations, training, etc.
- Direct interface with AFCENT leadership and end users
- Takes operational decisions within general guidelines & processes
- Authority to enact technical resolutions for assigned customers.
Strongly preferred experience incumbent should possess:
- Understand basic and advanced terminology of Motorola Solutions’ communications systems and Motorola Solutions Service products
- Be able to effectively interface with the customers’ technical representatives and Motorola Solutions’ own service delivery organizations to include the technical and administrative departments of Motorola Solutions’ subcontractors
- Possess a good working knowledge of computer applications required for
responsibilities noted in the above section
- Be of U.S. Citizenship and possess a U.S. Secret level Security Clearance
- Work well in group related activities and displays leadership abilities
- Valid Driver’s license
In possession of one or more Comp TIA Network+, Security+, MCSE, or CISSP certifications. CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) highly desired.
- 4 years of Field Technician experience OR 4 years of Military experience
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Travel Requirements Over 75%
Relocation Provided International
Position Type Experienced
Referral Payment Plan Yes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 08:18:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!