Job title: Manager, Petrochemicals Operations & Technical Support Department
Job description: Description
Business Support & Commercial
Manager, Petrochemicals Operations & Technical Support Department
Govern and oversee various operations and development activities related to the Petrochemicals business globally in the Business Line Group Companies (BLGC) i.e. ADNOC Fertilizers, Borouge ADP, Borouge Pte and future Petrochemicals ventures ensuring excellence in HSE, People, Performance, Profitability and Efficiency.
Support the evaluation of new investments; participate in the JV negotiations, oversee and support the development of JV commercial terms, Corporate, Commercial and Technology Agreements, sales strategies, long term disposal arrangements and marketing of products in order to ensure that the various companies in the Petrochemicals business globally are run efficiently and in line with the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the ADNOC Group.
Monitor and support procurement/ commercial activities and projects implementation in the Petrochemicals business globally while driving profitability and excellence through application of best practices.
Initiate, oversee, and control techno-economic operations & technical support studies.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
Operational Governance & Compliance
- Oversee and monitor the progress of the Petrochemicals Group Companies’ performance globally against the set KPI’s and addresses any performance objective or material variances ensuring compliance of ADNOC’s Petrochemicals Company Performance Contract. Ensure ADNOC COPs/ Company Controlled Procedures/ Local Laws and DOA are adhered.
- Review and challenge annual budget & business plans and submissions for effective fiscal discipline and ensuring adherence with ADNOC’s mandates.
- Facilitate and guide the discussions of shareholder/board committee. Ensure review, closure of action items arising out of such committee meetings.
- Manage arrangement of necessary approvals for submissions from ADNOC’s Petrochemicals Companies globally related to HR, ADNOC Group participations, Conferences, Coordination / Query requests with Government bodies and other stakeholders and any other operational requests.
- Establish required committees related to financial, performance and/or technical matters to safeguard ADNOC’s interests ensuring timely decision making in ADNOC’s Petrochemicals business globally.
- Participate in governance of committees and follow-up on actions generated.
Petrochemicals Operations Optimization, Utilization & Technical Supports
- Lead the review of ADNOC Petrochemicals companies’ annual and five-year business plans related to HSE, Marketing, Production/Operations, Reliability, availability, plants utilization, manpower and finance with emphasis on flaring, emissions, energy savings, maximizing plant utilization and optimizing maintenance costs to ensure alignment with corporate business plans. Ensure that the Assets utilization is maximized in-line with demand and prices.
- Reviews planned turnaround schedule for optimization across stakeholders and monitors actual progress.
- Participate in evaluating proposals for plant modification or improvements and comments on workability for implementation including review of budget, work plan and ensuring risk assessments are conducted. Follow-up the modification project to ensure its appropriate implementation.
- Participate in audits and facilitate analysis of benchmarking studies to enhance competitiveness and profitability. Review studies related to operational issues of Plant Assets, Products Marketing, Manpower and organizational structure in order to increase efficiency and productivity of plants in the ADNOC’s Petrochemicals Company globally.
- Monitor stock and inventory reports and ensure optimal levels are maintained.
- Provide consultancy and support for technical and project aspect related with the Petrochemical companies globally.
- Ensure implementation of long-term agreements with ADNOC group companies regarding feedstock and utilities supply and payments, Ruwais industrial waste management, NORM etc. in accordance with the terms and conditions of such contracts to avoid any deviations and discrepancies.
- Ensure evaluation and finalization of commercial terms and Development / Amendment of Corporate, Commercial and Technology Agreements. Coordinate with relevant local, national, and international stakeholders for the successful completion of the Agreement related matters.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
Commercial Support, Tendering and Contracting Process
- Monitor the implementation of procurement and commercial services for all Petrochemical Group Companies globally supporting a cost-effective, centralised procurement and contracting functions in line with corporate Procurement policies.
- Support in development of Marketing Strategies for products from existing & new Projects globally. Provide guidance to ensure cost optimization by reviewing commercial contracting strategies.
- Participate in the proceedings of the Tender Board and provide relevant technical, financial and risk advice and information to Management on all commercial requests, in line with ADNOC’s requirements.
- Review and endorse bidders list, award strategy, tender documents and bid evaluation in participation with concerned department for tenders and contracts related to Petrochemical operations and technical support activities ensuring adherence to approved policies of ADNOC.
- Manage, initiate and monitor commercial benchmarking activities related to Petrochemical operations to serve ADNOC commercial interests globally.
- Manage commercial/marketing/operational negotiations for already established and new BLGC companies in line with approved policies, procedures and delegation of authority.
- Support techno-commercial analysis / negotiations in projects/license/contracts globally.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 3)
- Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Department to achieve the Division objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Department in line with Division objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Department and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Department in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Division budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the Department budget levels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead the implementation of approved Department policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Division work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Department in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Department KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Department that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Department.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Department in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all Department employees to meet HSE standards.
Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
- Prepare all Department MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
Generic Accountabilities (continue)
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
- Frequent contacts with Senior Management up to SVP level within ADNOC and of assigned Companies for exchange of information and their various corporate functions.
- Frequent work related contact with VPs, peer Managers and all reporting staff and team members within Downstream Directorate on matters related to the Division’s operations, strategy, policies, administration, manpower, HSE and integrity and specific tasks.
- Frequent contact with Senior Management of ADNOC Petrochemical Companies to discuss, review and follow up related Operations & Technical Support activities.
- Regular contact with staff concerned in BLGC Companies globally.
External Communications & Working Relationships
- Regular contacts with Abu Dhabi Authorities such as Ministry of Petroleum, Department of Economic Development (DED), Department of Planning, ADIC, Mubadala, Chamber of Commerce, Gulf Cooperation Council, etc.
- Regular contacts with international shareholders up to Presidents and Vice Presidents level including customers, suppliers and Joint Ventures partners to discuss/negotiate various matters of different time zones with ADNOC and Abu Dhabi subsidiaries/Ventures and Partners, and Business Consultants.
Bachelor Degree in Chemical / Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 15 years of experience with in Petrochemical, Refining or Gas Processing plant with at least 6 years in a relevant managerial role
- High level of relevant technical knowledge and application.
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
Job Family / Sub Family: Business Planning & Performance / Corporate Planning
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 00:38:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!