Job title: Accountant (Accounts Receivable)
Company: Rapid Access
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Accountant (Accounts Receivable)
Salary 3,500 AED (per month)
The Accountant will be primarily responsible for interfacing directly with our customers throughout the GCC region and reconciling customer account receivable balances.
Reporting into the Head of Credit Control, the Accountant’s key duties will include emailing invoices to customers, reviewing and processing credit notes, reviewing daily cash receipts, allocating payments against specific transactions and generally maintaining monthly account reconciliations.
Responsible of preparing various AR/ credit periodic reports and consolidates all region’s AR reports.
The role holder will have a strong head for numbers, MS Excel, PowerPoint and strong analytical skills. They will also have a broad accounting experience including handling account reconciliation and accounts receivables
The standard work hours are 40 hoursper week with a little more duringmonth and year-end close periods and when working on ad-hoc special projects.
- Set-up new customers in company’s system.
- Maintain and organise support for customer remittances
- Prepares, reviews and mails customer statements and invoices
- Prepare monthly general and standard journal entries against received customer payments
- Identify and verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from customers and internal departments such as sales, hire desk and engineering
- Reconcile customer statements and correct discrepancies as necessary
- Review, prepare and process all credit note requests. Allocate all credit notes against original customer invoices
- Prepare, maintain AR logs and various other accounting statements and reports. Provide interpretation of results if necessary
- Prepare monthly Accounts Receivable Report in power point presentation.
- Prepare day sales outstanding (DSO)
- Prepare credit note and unallocated credit analysis
- Monitoring all the legal accounts
- Prepare all other reports and analysis required used to evaluate the credit standing of the customers
- Analysing client records and calculating current and future bad debt provisions.
- Reconcile credit files and identify discrepancies and variances
Cash Management Support:
- Monitor and reconcile cash transactions to ensure that bank account balances are accurate. Report and investigate any unusual items
- Work with the depot management team to accurately forecast and tracks cash flow on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Highlight and report on any cash trends and variances
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly cash reports for each region
- Prepare regular bank reconciliations
- Coordinate andresolve bank and customers queries
Monthly and Year End Close Support:
- Assist in the timely closing of monthly account by ensuring cash management and general ledger data is up to date
- Prepares and records assigned journal entries for monthly closing. Reconciles specified general ledger accounts. Reviews for accuracy and corrects posting entries
- Participate in preparing monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual financial closing and reports and work effectively with management and accounting teams
- Liaise with internal and externalauditors. Provide supporting documentation, information and answers
- Assist in preparation and recording of cost recovery journals
- Assist in the budget preparation process
The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Proven work experience as an Accountant with a good understanding of accounting principles and procedures
- Advance knowledge in MS Excel (Pivot table, Sum if, Vlook up), basic knowledge in power query, Power Pivot is an added advantage. Good command of PowerPoint and familiar with accounting software packages
- Ability to analyse figures and evaluate financial information
- Ability to compile professional accounting reports
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience working in the Powered Access, Industrial or related industry
- Professional qualification (completed or part qualified) such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or CMA
- Comfortable working in a multicultural team environment
- Ability to handle multi-task and prioritise work effectively
- Willing to meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Comfortable handling and storing confidential financial information
- Understands and respects policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Detail-orientated with strong analytical skills, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Job date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:16:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!