Job title: Data Scientist Intern
Company: Alef Education
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Data Scientist Intern
Data Scientist Intern
Who we are
ALEF EDUCATION is a newly formed organization established by the Abu Dhabi Financial Group, LLC in the United Arab Emirates. Alef is a non-traditional technology-driven education company. We are dedicated to the development of revolutionary technology-facilitated learning for students using concepts such as artificial intelligence, individual adaptivity, and innovative multi-media, in order to develop and harness competency and skills necessary for the 21st Century workforce. In 2016, the organization developed its first technology and analytics driven prototype that is already being piloted. We are passionate about finding innovative approaches to educate students in ways that will redefine the use of technology in academic environments and offer each learner a clear pathway towards lifelong learning.
Our culture is based on collaboration, teamwork, innovation, quality research and experimentation all driven by our passion for education and technology. Alef is considering leaders who share our passion and are seeking an opportunity to collaborate and lead within an organization with a single-minded purpose to redefine education, at both a local and a global level.
We’re looking for talented and highly motivated interns with a passion for technology and problem solving to join our data science team and work on a number of applied data science problems.
What you will be doing
The data science intern will be working alongside data scientists and Machine learning engineers to solve some of business problems in educational data mining.
As a Data Scientist Intern, your role will encompass:
- Leveraging big data to discover patterns and solve strategic & tactical business problems using massive structured and unstructured data sets across multiple environments;
- Driving the collection, cleansing, processing and analysis of new and existing data sources;
- Reporting findings by creating useful and appropriate data outputs and visualizations tailored for the intended audiences;
- Generating innovative ideas and establish new research directions;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- New graduate or final-year students currently pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics;
- Natural curiosity and a strong passion for empirical research and problem solving;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Proficiency in programming in Python, R and SQL;
Why you should join us:
- Alef Education is the place using the state-of-the-art technologies to build the future of Education;
- You will have chance to learn and experience new challenges every day;
- Alef Education has the best corporate culture you could ever imagine;
- This is an unpaid internship for a duration of 2 months
- Intern will be reporting directly to Head of Data & Research
Location: Al Ain, Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 04:30:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!