Job title: Library Service Engineer
Company: EBSCO Information Services
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Library Service Engineer
The successful candidate for this position must live in South Africa, and must live close to good transport links for domestic & international travel.
EBSCO research databases, ebooks, and discovery technologies are the most-used, premium online information resources for tens of thousands of institutions worldwide, representing millions of end-users.
The Global Software Services (GSS) team and Library Service Engineers (LSE a.k.a. Sales Engineer, Technology Consultant) are dedicated to increasing sales and adoption of EBSCO technology enabled products internationally through Field Sales Engineering, Customer Satisfaction driven creative technical solutions, delivering customer input directly into the Software Development Lifecycle, and Technology Partnership management.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in a library technology role. The LSE must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer and product base as well as working in the sales process. They must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and RFIs/RFPs. They are organized and analytical and able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive technical approaches.
- Regional/Market authoritative expert on technology aspects of EBSCO’s Software as a Service (SaaS) platform functionality, competition, trends.
- Conduct pre-sales presentations (to small and large audiences) and clear written responses to Requests for Information (RFI) or related inquiries.
- Create and manage demos, prototypes, and documentation (e.g. app instructions, regular status updates to management).
- Establish strong relationships with Sales & Customer Support teams and customer staff; supporting the evaluation/trial process, initial post-sales support/nurturing, troubleshooting and resolving customer specific advanced technical issues.
- Contribute to the app development process with varying levels of: customer requirements definition, coding, testing, documentation, and management.
- Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and channel to Product Management
- Collaboration: Works effectively with team members and cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.
- Listening skills: Let’s others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Problem Solver: Applies critical thinking and structured problem solving to address root causes.
- Strong communicator and competent public speaker
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Minimum two (2) years of progressive experience in either System Librarianship, Consulting, Product Management, or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience and excellence in presenting as well as written communication describing details for technology, Internet, or software application products to internal and external audiences and various levels of management.
- Experience and knowledge of programming
- Candidates who have worked in an academic setting would be ideal
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of time to regional and international locations.
- MLIS degree or equivalent
- One (1) plus years experience working with:
- Online research database platforms (e.g. EBSCOhost)
- Integrated Library Systems (ILS e.g. Aleph, Alma, Millennium, Symphony)
- Institutional Repository platforms (e.g. ContentDM, DSpace, Fedora)
- Content Management / Search software (e.g. Sharepoint, Drupal, VuFind)
- Experience programming with APIs, use of a full web application stack (e.g. LAMP), large data file analysis (e.g. MARC, XML), and Agile methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and work independently while maintaining team involvement, organized and detail oriented, strong problem solving and analytical skills
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Developer, Field Sales, Database, Engineering, Technology, Sales
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 02:22:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!