Job title: Technician Special Airport/ELV System
Job description: Technician – Special Airport Systems/ELV Systems
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of the role is to carryout necessary preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on electronic equipment and systems, individually or as part of a technical team, within the designated area, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the operations. You should be able to carry out all technical and safety instructions from staff, to conform to policy and procedures.
Serco has a profound understanding of the region, having been operating in the Middle East since 1947 (for more than seven decades), where it harnesses international expertise, delivered on a local level.
- Ability to conform to all general and specific technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Knowledge in the use & interpretation of Local and International Electronic Standards and Regulations.
- Ability to raise & complete PMS fault report sheets, daily utilization reports and CMMS work orders.
- Ability to adopt a logical or methodical approach to troubleshooting & fault finding on electronic / ELV systems.
- Can correctly setup and use electrical test equipment and interpret the test results on integrated electronic / ELV systems to include:
– Digital Multi meter
– Waveform Generator
– Logic Probe
– Signal Tracer
– In situ equipment diagnostic systems
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Promoting a Zero Harm culture within own team and all suppliers and sub-contractors engaged on Projects work.
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards.
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information, reference Serco non-disclosure policy.
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions, reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements.
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process.
- Industrial Training Institute Diploma in Electronic System maintenance or equivalent .
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Current valid UAE driving licence is desirable.
- Minimum six (6) year experience within an electronics / ELV maintenance or similar environment.
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- Ability to construct technical reports and spreadsheets and presentations using MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point).
- Ability to perform safely and correctly the following on complex extra low (ELV) equipment and systems:
– Safety Isolations and LOTO including LV system input
– Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
– Corrective maintenance (CM)
– Breakdown maintenance (BD)
to include the following:
- Audio Visual
- Public Address
- CCTV Surveillance System
- Security Access Control
- Perimeter Security Systems
- Scanning and Screening Equipment
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit for more information.
Job date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 06:25:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!