Job title: Assistant Professor
Company: United Arab Emirates University
- The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position.
- Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments.
- Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels, a demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University.
- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in the applicable field.
- The ability to teach undergraduate courses is a must. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
- Interest and involve in clinical research
- Demonstrable evidence of research and scholarship in the area of specialization;
- Experience in grant writing and obtaining external funding for research
- Research area that is congruent with existing lines of research within the physical education and health education
- Ability to integrate diversity and multicultural perspectives into teaching; and
- Commitment to working collaboratively with departmental faculty, staff, and external partners in research.
- Assistant/Associate Professor in Biomechanics.
- At least, 3 years of work-experience in higher education is expected.
- Bilingual is preferred.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Location: Al Ain, Abu Dhabi
Job date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 08:40:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!