Job title: Data Scientist, Machine Learning innovator
Company: Standard Chartered
Job description: About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- We apply scientific techniques to find patterns in large, noisy and rapidly changing real-world data sets. We are working on the fringes of the possible, innovating new techniques where necessary. We also build on the latest academic research into optimisation methods to find innovative solutions that overcome the simplified assumptions of traditional financial maths. Hence the following are key:
- Design and develop client centric and bank wide ML-powered analytical products
- Provide necessary data analytics support to various internal stakeholders, including (but not limited to): sales, relationship managers, leadership, traders
- Develop machine learning and advanced analytics solutions with the aim of improving yields from the business and enable improved customer experience.
- Work alongside existing analytics teams to enable consistent approach to data requirements
- Work alongside engineering team to make the models production-ready and deployable for use of internal customers
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- Global Head of Digital Channels and Data Analytics, Global Heads of Credit and Rates Trading
Our Ideal Candidate
- MSc./PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering)
- Ability to learn new skills (e.g. new programming languages, new business terminology)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Location: Africa – Dubai
Job date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 05:21:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!