Job title: Sr. Data Scientist (Ecommerce Background)
Company: Salt Search
Job description: About the Role
We are looking for driven individual to work in a data-driven product management team, helping impact the user experience on our product. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive our user behaviour and steer the product vision. You will study user behaviour in depth to validate critical features and user experiences. The role is inherently cross-functional: You will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of software engineering, data analytics, user experience, device marketing, customer service, and executive team members. This role is a good fit for someone who is creative yet highly data-driven and who has strong customer focus and ‘product sense’, combined with an established track record in user behaviour analysis.
What You’ll Do
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization and across entities to identify opportunities for leveraging internal and external data to drive business impact
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use statistical and predictive techniques to build models for optimizing products and improving user experience
- Run A/B tests and experiments, perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Own and lead end to end data analysis to improve and optimize performance, capture meaningful insights and turn them into business advantages
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Build visibility of key business metrics across teams through effective reporting and dashboarding
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or Economics. Advanced degree in related topic is a strong plus
- 3+ years of experience in statistical modelling / machine learning, applying these methods to solve product problems
- Strong strategic aptitude: ability to define and measure success of a product or feature based on user behaviour analysis on large data sets
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Strong storytelling: distil interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- In depth knowledge of developing and implementing statistical/ML models (i.e., both supervised and unsupervised) using industry standard tools – R, Python and Java
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL language, and experience with visualization tools
- Previous experience in consumer internet industry would be preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Fluency in English
Please send your Cv or apply by linkedin.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Reference: JO-2201-250057
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 01/02/2022
Job Industries: HR
Job Locations: UAE-Dubai
Job Types: Permanent
Job date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 02:48:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!