Job title: MACHINIST – CNC
Company: DP World
Job description: Job Description:
- All YARD /Shop HSE guidelines and Risk assessments, to follow during operation with team, including during bridge/scrap or plate handling, area housekeeping, and maintaining of cutting tables.
- Set up of plate orientation enable to understand cutting direction if specified, Plate alignment on cutting table, Check the NC codes are matching on the nesting drawing details before commencement of operation.
- Transfer the original nesting drawing details and full traceability and heat number to the plate
- Set up tools, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment including Gas selection, cutting electrode cup selection depend upon plate thickness, and machine parameter set up.
- Right Gas section during marking and cutting (Argon/ Nitrogen + Air).
- Perform all phases of marking, cutting and beveling (Machine and manual programing) work in line with approved drawing and as per the required standard to avoid rework.
- Ensure optimum utilization of the material being cut to prevent wastage & store remnants in designated area with proper identification for tracking or RTS support.
- Ensure that the tool / equipment are validated prior to use, and shift wise machine calibration checks any abnormalities report to line supervisors.
- Monitor cutting program during operation if any malfunction of tools and machinery to supervision for immediate for support.
- Ensure correct use of tools and machinery, and support on scheduled preventive maintenance excessive wear and tear & breakdowns.
- Efficient execution of work within allocated man-hours, according to the set target.
- Maintain good working relationship with workers, appointed foreman, supervisors and management.
- Attend any training for any activity required by the department.
- Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work.
Experience/ Qualifications & Skills:-
- Secondary school or 4+years experience, and min 3 and above experience in CNC field in Steel fabrication. I.T.I., Industrial / vocational training, Technical Course in Machine Operator.
- Capable of checking NC codes matching on the nesting drawing details before commencement of operation.
- Knowledge in CNC machine operation is a necessary requirement for a quick understanding and start up in the use of Robotic system.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating systems, preferred nesting and CNC programing skills.
- Read and understand technical drawings.
- Select and use appropriate tools, equipment, materials and machines.
- Apply knowledge of appropriate engineering principles, techniques and procedures
Job date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:51:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!