Job title: Pump Technical Assistant
Job description: Pump Technical Assistant
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The Pump Technical Assistant will carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on plumbing pipework, equipment and systems, individually or as part of a technical team, within a designated area of Dubai Airports, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the airport operations.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor / duty engineer to achieve the purpose
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of pipework schematics and system layout drawings
- Can correctly setup and use test equipment and interpret the test results, to include:
– Water pressure test kit – Dry
– Water pressure test kit – Wet
– Digital Multi meter (earth bond continuity) * Knowledge in the use & interpretation of Local and International Plumbing & Pipework Standards and Regulations.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- High School Certificate Or Technical qualification / Diploma in pump maintenance or engineering.
- Current valid UAE driving licence is desirable
- Minimum three (3) year experience within a Facility Management or similar environment
- Ability to perform safely and correctly the following on plumbing equipment and pipework systems
– Safety Isolations and LOTO.
– Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
– Corrective maintenance (CM)
– Breakdown maintenance (BD) to include:
- Potable water pipework systems and associated valves
- Waste and drainage pipework systems
- Washroom sanitary fixtures and fittings
- High temperature hot water (HTHW) pipework systems and associated valves
- Chilled water pumps (CWP) pipework systems and associated valves
- Sewage pumps and associated pipework
- Storm water pumps and associated pipework.
- Six Sigma certification is a preference (Yellow Belt/Green Belt/Black Belt)
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit for more information.
Job date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:44:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!