Job title: TECHNICIAN
Company: Emirates Flight Catering
Job description: Technician –HVAC & Refrigeration – EKFC
Applications are invited for the position of Technician – HVAC & Refrigeration EKFC WEST WING
- Position within: Engineering Department
- Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
- Location : Dubai International Airport Terminal 1
- Category : ENG-AC & Refrigeration
- Department : Engineering- West wing
- Perform operation , maintenance and repair of advance refrigeration and Air conditioning system, which include , AC Chiller/Cooling towers / Pumps , Refrigeration compressors/Condenser/Ice machines/ spiral blast chiller / freezer, Controls (Danfoss / Emersion / Dixell controller) operation , repair and maintenance
- Poses sound knowledge for troubleshooting and fault rectification in , Chiller racks , Blast Chiller rack , Freezer racks , Ice machines ,Cold room and Cabinets , BMS , and Air conditioning system.
- Work on Troubleshooting and ensuring returned back to operation on minimum down time of equipment’s installed in EKFC facilities for AC & Refrigeration Units , Like – bitzer compressor overhauling / Vogt Ice machine / Dixell / Danfoss / Emersion Control system /Package units and industrial cooling system.
- Troubleshooting the equipment’s using refrigerant R404/R410 /R40C / R22 / and Brine (F20/F30/F40 ) in primary and secondary circuits respectively.
- Read schematic diagram, equipment manuals, wiring diagram and engineering instruction for assembling units and for carrying out maintenance work
- Follow a predetermine schedule of preventive & periodic maintenance of Industrial HVAC and Refrigeration units.
- Ensure that Standard operating procedure set by manufactures or EKFC engineering are followed for new and existing installation.
- Inform the Supervisor well in advance about spare parts needed especially from overseas suppliers and follow up.
- Ensure safe and proper usage of power tools while carrying out repairs, keep the work area clear before/ after as per the prescribe safety standard.
- Provide support and help with all other trades when required.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes on a log sheet or checklist.
- Maintain working knowledge of the new machines to be installed by reading the installation manual and prepare necessary documents required for installation.
- Provide information to the team working in the next shift with respect to pending and accomplished jobs for the day.
- Ensure adherence to all QHSE standards, safe working practices, operational safety of all employees, equipment and assets at all times
Essential Requirements and Competencies
- Diploma or Trade certificate in Mechanical Engineering.
- Work experience of Minimum of 4 years in HVAC & industrial refrigeration system.
- Technically strong to handle the Electro mechanical works in HVAC refrigeration system.
- Poses sound knowledge and experience on troubleshooting and faults identification and rectification in , Chiller racks , Blast Chiller rack , Freezer racks , Ice machines ,Cold room and Cabinets , BMS , and Chiller/Freezer/Blast Chiller racks and Danfoss/ Dixell and emersion control system.
- The air conditioning technicians should be able to work in places where they are exposed to dust, fumes, noise, and high voltage equipment.
- They should also be capable of working in confined and hot spaces like roofs, crawl ways and attics.
- They may also have to work in adverse weather and may be required to lift heavy objects, bend, stoop, kneel or stand for long stretches of tim
- Good knowledge of electrical & Electronics components.
- Must be able to read the wiring diagram and find the causes in control systems.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and achieve results
- Strong planning and Organisational skills with the ability to multi task and manage time effectively.
- Candidate should be able to work in shift basis as per operational requirement,
- Ability to action on emergency requests as directed by the manager.
Desirable Requirements and Competencies
- Previous experience in HVAC and Refrigeration field.
- 2 Years of working experience as HVAC & Refrigeration technicians
- Good in basic spoken & Written English.
- High level of commitment to continuous improvement and adaptability to change.
- A team player with a proactive approach and the ability to problem solve
Location: Dubai International Airport, Dubai
Job date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 05:24:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!