Job title: Control Panel Portfolio Manager
Company: Rubicon Global
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Control Panel Portfolio
About the role:
Rubicon is seeking a Control Panel Portfolio Manager (CPPM) to develop its business within South Africa and Africa. Rubicon is a leading distributor and reseller of industrial technology and sustainable technology components and systems and is now seeking to actively expand its business in South Africa.
Main purpose of the role:
The CPPM will be responsible for the establishment and development of the Control Panel division and will oversee all aspects of operations, including business development and sales, order processing, logistics and administration.
Initially the largest opportunity for business in South Africa is via Industrial technology and therefore this job description primarily focuses on growing this division, although we believe there is also scope for development in the Sustainable technology business in time.
Role responsibilities are:
- The main function of the CPPM is to establish and service a customer base within South Africa, initially for the Industrial Technology Division
- Whilst the CPPM is expected to have the experience and acumen to eventually grow a sales team under their direction, initially all external sales interaction and relationship management will be conducted by the CPPM
- Duties will include regularly visiting customers, building and maintaining relationships with them, generation of sales leads and orders, introducing customers to our product range with product samples and demonstrations or brochures, catalogues and electronic media, management of problems and ensuring overall customer satisfaction
- Ensuring the company CRM is correctly and fully used
- Arrange customer marketing events and training
- Research the markets for which the CPPM is responsible, new and existing
- Attend and engage at sales and strategy meetings
- Collaboration with other Rubicon group companies in order to share and co-develop joint business opportunities
Supplier interaction and stock management
- Ensure that supplier relationships are maintained and that sales channels are well defined
- Engage suppliers on sales and marketing issues
- Intervene in account problems, product warranty issues and supplier interactions
- Set stock levels, in line with the regional growth plan, with market and catalogue requirements.
- Interact with senior staff at Rubicon in order to ensure that all required administrative and corporate governance are complied with.
Logistics and administration
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the CPPM from an administrative and logistics perspective
- Day to day management of order processing and logistical requirements
- Putting in place systems and controls to ensure accurate record keeping and reporting
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualification: BSc Engineering Degree/NQF7
- Qualification: Electrical Qualification beneficial
- Experience: 5+ yrs of professional and industry experience in sales of technical products and systems (Control Panel)
- Experience: 5 yrs experience in customer relation management.
Job Skills & Knowledge:
- Industrial Technology Control Panel knowledge and experience.
- Financial Literacy in respect of managing budgets for projects, project costing etc.
- Quantitative and analytical skills – with a keen understanding of how numbers will affect outcomes over both the short and long term.
- Computer literacy – highly Computer literate and comfortable with basic technical aspects of common operating systems with Microsoft Office general excellence.
- Competent Professional business written and verbal communications skills.
Key personal attributes:
- Communicates with confidence and demonstrates strategic and technical mastery of their platform area when interacting with internal and external customers.
- An ability to provide excellent customer service – Serviced focus by responding to customers’ needs by doing it right the first time.
- Actively engages key stakeholders to drive business requirements.
- Disciplined approach; punctual, reliable, timeous follow through with internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail coupled with the ability to see big picture implications.
- Ability to be flexible in approach and adjust when needed.
- An ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests.
- A creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
- A high degree of independence and personal responsibility.
- Pronounced customer and solution orientation.
- Assertiveness and organizational talent.
- Self-motivated – Meet and exceed all that is required of you in your job.
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s licence
- Ability to traverse various workspaces easily
- Ability to travel to different regions
Headquarters and travel requirements:
The CPPM will be headquartered from Johannesburg. The role will involve travel to key regions within South Africa to develop business, meet with clients and potentially sub-distributors and attend to any problem solving. Our estimate is that the CPPM will spend 35% of their time outside of the home base of Johannesburg whilst this client base is being developed over the first 12-24 months and this will reduce to approximately 25% once a larger sales team is in place with a defined client base.
About Rubicon Group:
Rubicon Group is a young, dynamic, and high-growth company operating in exciting markets. We are looking for smart, hard-working people with integrity to join us. One of our goals is to continually improve our business, and to that end, we are seeking people who enjoy a challenge, are keen to learn, take ownership, think critically, and provide new solutions on where we can improve. We offer a great work environment, market-related remuneration packages, and an opportunity to develop personally and within a team.
Rubicon Group is dedicated to advancing transformative technologies in emerging markets.
Our focus areas are sustainable technology, encompassing renewable energy and storage, e-mobility, intelligent lighting, and building management as well as industrial technology, comprising advanced factory automation, connectivity, and robotics.
Rubicon Group’s head office is in Cape Town, South Africa, and the group operates across South Africa and in select African and European markets, employing nearly 500 staff. For more information visit www.rubiconsa.com (http://www.rubicongroup.co/).
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 02:47:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!