Job title: Junior Corrosion Engineer
Company: Wood Group
Job description: Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Junior Engineer to join our Asset Integrity Team. This position is based in Abu Dhabi office and will report directly to the Integrity Manager of the Asset Integrity Solutions service line.
- Data collection and gathering of information of multiple sources as part of performing studies.
- Data QA/QC and validation
- Applying industrial recommended practices as well as knowledge of other operators codes
- Support Corrosion assessment on pipelines and equipment
- Development of corrosion loops
- Review of Corrosion assessment reports, which may include ILI reports, Fitness for Purpose (FFP) / Recommendations for Repair Reports (RRR), ILI raw data, Direct Assessment reports etc. as a primary input
- Liaise with the Wood global offices for support where needed but expected convergence with Wood Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Sites Visits outside offices as & when required.
- The candidate may be required to work from the client’s office sometimes per project demand.
- Project planning and mini project management will be part of the role
- Reviewing proposals to ensure that project expectations are met
- Responsible for the development of project plans for all on going Asset Integrity Solutions projects
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and interface with global offices supporting the delivery of each project
- Responsible for measurement of projects margins and identification of project risks
- Working closely with finance to ensure correct and timely invoicing and cash collection on projects
- The role also includes interface with regional clients, where applicable
Skills / Qualifications
- Good soft skills; primarily presentation skills, communication and collaboration with the global offices.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 23:19:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!