Job title: Environmental & Energy Manager – Middle East & Africa Region
Company: DP World
Job description: Job Description:
Assist HSE head in managing multi-disciplinary environmental & energy reduction issues (particularly marine) and working with teams to ensure environmental issues are assessed, understood and managed (in the most practical and effective way) throughout the operational entities.
Provide technical advice and guidance regarding business practices related to the assessment of environmental issues and enhancement of marine programs. Adherence to DP World Group Standards and Governance requirements.
Assist in managing the technical aspects of the regional decarbonization strategy with its roadmap for Carbon and Energy Reduction.
- Assist the Regional team with Environmental Programs in development, implementation and monitoring of DP World Environmental Standards.
- Manage the promotion, education and project support for habitat compensation, mitigation, and management.
- Manage the reporting of environmental concerns to stakeholders and direct line management.
- Review environmental assessments and environmental management plans, covering a broad range of issues (e.g., air quality, noise, ecology, water quality). Assist in the development of environmental management plans and monitoring programs.
- Mentor, advise & provide assistance to regional and business unit managers/representatives on oceans protection and enhancement projects for new and existing marine entities including P&T and marine services.
- Understand potential environmental impacts and co-ordinate/provide support to business units to ensure that assessments are undertaken and appropriate plans for mitigation, compensation and monitoring are developed and implemented, as needed.
- Assist the regional team with the staff education and training development related to environmental matters.
- Perform technical reviews on Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) as required.
- Manage the development of environmental monitoring and reporting program for all operating entities that have potential for environmental impacts.
- Monitor environmental incidents and provide technical assistance to business unit.
- Create, manage, and advise on environmental bulletin as required.
- Develop environmental programmes as required.
- Project manage emerging environmental priorities as assigned by group and regional team.
- Plan and manage environmental due diligence assessments to assess risk and liability (e.g., for property acquisition).
- Ability to plan and manage budgets for environmental projects.
- Liaise with Regional Office departments (such as sustainability, operations, business development, etc..) to support joint initiatives and projects.
- Assist regional Head of HSE in implementation of the decarbonization and environmental strategies, by developing, deploying, and monitoring the regional 5-year plans.
- Collaborate with the Global Energy & Environment team at the Head Office to monitor and enhance regional short- and long-term decarbonization plans based on the Group Strategy.
- Liaise and advise regional operating entities relating to energy reduction strategies.
- Improve and develop systems to monitor and track equipment energy efficiencies across the region
- Support and advise on the regional Carbon Management and Reduction Strategy. Identify opportunities and priorities.
- Support and participate in the development of energy reduction business cases within the region and business units.
- Lead and/or support electrification Proof of Concepts.
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s Founder’s Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Having Environmental or Marine Biology Degree with associated professional accreditation is preferable
- MSc in Engineering, preferably in Energy Sciences would be a bonus with a technical understanding of:
- Renewable energy
- Electrification of machinery
- Battery technology – charging technology
- Hydrogen opportunities, potential, challenges
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 3 years in a leading management position.
- Worked in the marine industry for minimum 5 years – Preferable
- Sound working knowledge of ports and marine industry – Preferable
- Proven team coordination, consultation, people skills and senior management advisement
- Strong computer and report writing skills.
- Project management, budget management skills and financial understanding to build business cases
- A solid individual, that can, based upon his or her experience interact on a high level with vendors, terminals, & multi-skilled teams within the region
- Willing to travel and perform assignments outside of the U.A.E.
We are the leading provider of smart logistics solutions, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services touches every aspect of life.
We’re a global network of; 181 business units in 64 countries across six continents. From marine services and inland terminals to industrial parks as well as technology driven customer solutions.
Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 56,000 employees from 64 countries are committed to bringing every customer and partner unrivaled value.
We do this by building and growing long lasting relationships – with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain.
We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading technology to create the smartest, most efficient and innovative trade solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet.
DP World is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize DP World to transmit and store your information in the world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 07:41:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!